PDA

View Full Version : Ohio trip...

Bucknut
04-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Earlier this week I took my boys down to Ohio for 3 days of detecting. Unfortunately it did not go quite as planned but that is how it goes sometimes. My hunting buddy had to cancel last minute due to a sudden illness and my boys and I had to go back a day early also for a sudden illness. But everyone is doing better.

The weather can best be described as terrible...20-30 mph winds, temps in the 30s and occasional flurries.

We hit 5 field sites that yielded no coins but I did manage some decent relics...couple flat buttons, crotel bell, harmonica reed, musket ball, old brass ring, Blue Dutchess Token and a tax token from Alabama.

I did go to a couple old honey holes of mine and did manage a couple silvers and a couple Indians (1883 and 1890).

My boys found all of these arrowheads with my Dad. They were thrilled.

So overall it was a decent trip considering how things ended up playing out.

Digger_O'Dell
04-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Very nice relics, still did well despite the setbacks. The ring and bell are great finds. I've been amazed at how many harmonica reeds get found- lately I've gotten several of then too. But i agree this spring weather stinks. I'm writing this from my car in front of the park, grounded by a heavy snow squall with whiteout like conditions. :(
Good job on the silvers, and those arrowheads are awesome! Haven't found one since I was a kid.

aloldstuff
04-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Your boys must be pleased with all those points. The trip that does not go as planned.....been there. :congrats:on your keepers.

groundhog53946
04-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Love the arrow heads!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

wisconsin digger
04-09-2016, 07:00 AM
It is always rough when long anticipated trips have a few hiccups. Looks like you made the best of it and hopefully all the illnesses have run their course. Nice finds WD

The Rebel
04-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Hey Ya did good & WTG on the Points! Those will be memories your boys will never forget. Glad you all doing better.