PDA

View Full Version : Must Have Been A Fluke

z118
08-05-2010, 09:18 PM
On Tuesday I dug a 1919 Canadian dime and a '39 Merc from a small park that I never would have thought would give up silver. Of course, that had me thinking that there could be all sorts of other goodies there waiting. So I hit this spot again on Wednesday night and tonight. No silver coins showed up, though I did start pulling wheats - 3 on each hunt. Seems odd that I'd manage to pull two good silvers on a short hunt when I wasn't looking for them and then NONE on two longer hunts when I was looking for them.

At any rate, beside the 6 wheats I did pull some clad and a silver ring each night. The star ring was found on Wednesday and the hard Rock Cafe ring showed up tonight as I cut through another field to get to this park. I'll take silver any way I can get it, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't please as punch with both of these.

Happy hunting!

Ill Digger
08-05-2010, 09:24 PM
That ring is rockin' !! I mean it rocks !! lol
I'm with you thumbsup01, I'll take silver how ever I can get it :yes:
Sweet finds!
Congrats :grin:

angellionel
08-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Those rings are keepers, but that Hard Rock Cafe one is very cool!

Epi-hunter
08-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I found a star ring just like that. That Hard Rock Cafe ring is totally cool!!!!

randy
08-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Those rings are cool. thumbsup01 Nice.

coinnut
08-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Silver in the form of rings is always nice. I would take a nice ring over any Roosevelt or worn out Merc. They display really nice in a ring box!! Nice finds. I guess the moral of your story is: If you want to find silver....stop looking for it lol

RobW
08-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Just goes to show You never know what you'll find....nice ones....I too like the Hard Rock Ring.

NiagaraCountyNY
08-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Nice finds! I think I found the same ring(on the left) last year.That hard rock ring is nice! Thx for the pics.HH