PDA

View Full Version : Fun weekend with my daughter!

chief5709
04-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Saturday April 16 – My daughter Natalie and I took a 45 minute ride to an old farmhouse that I have detected in the past and had made some pretty good finds, ˝ real, artillery button, Conn Copper… I also brought my F2 for the owner to use. Spent most of the morning helping out both the owner and Natalie with detector settings, signals, etc. Natalie was using the AT-Pro and dug a really nice dandy button the homeowner, Gary, found a really nice sash buckle (sorry no pix) and I ended up with a couple of wheaties. We then headed to the shooting range on the property and put several rounds through my new 9mm and Natalie worked on her archery skills.

Sunday we were back to the softball diamond where she had the game winning hit in Game 1 and a nice catch in the outfield. Game 2 she hit a double and triple in a close game win.

MangoAve
04-18-2016, 11:07 AM
Sounds like it was all positive notes. Any markings or design on the dandy? I like my big one I found with the 6 pointed star in the middle and the arrow ring. Nice hunt tho.

chief5709
04-18-2016, 11:22 AM
Sounds like it was all positive notes. Any markings or design on the dandy? I like my big one I found with the 6 pointed star in the middle and the arrow ring. Nice hunt tho.

It's got a little fancy design around the edge and the shank is still intact

del
04-18-2016, 11:16 PM
Natalie sounds like a great all around athlete Brian , its great to get kids into positive interests . Mine were more into music (band , marching band , chorus and now color guard) but i think outside positive activities (and lots of genuine encouragement) enhance better grades in the academic area too. I bet Natalie does well in school too.

Hey while i'm at it what model was the new 9mm ??

Dan

chief5709
04-19-2016, 08:41 AM
Natalie sounds like a great all around athlete Brian , its great to get kids into positive interests . Mine were more into music (band , marching band , chorus and now color guard) but i think outside positive activities (and lots of genuine encouragement) enhance better grades in the academic area too. I bet Natalie does well in school too.

Hey while i'm at it what model was the new 9mm ??

Dan

Thanks Dan! Yup she's also a high honor student :)

Smith & Wesson M&P Shield

aloldstuff
04-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Go Natalie.....detecting, archer, softball, and she sounds like she does them all very well

OxShoeDrew
04-24-2016, 08:20 AM
Father's Day is coming up....your family will be very appreciative! Great memories!