PDA

View Full Version : A couple keepers on Sunday

Digger_O'Dell
04-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Hi all,
Got out to the church permission that's been pounded in the past by many others so I've heard. But right off the bat I happened to find an 1892 Indian! Soon after I found a deep Merc and then an old looking 2pc. button. It pretty much dried up after that.

But the good news is that the old guy doing some work at the church approached me and asked if I had permission. I did, and told him who I spoke to, do all cool there. We chatted about the history of the site a bit and also found that he was a member of the local historical society. I asked and got permission to do their historical site across the street which has a couple original structures on it such as the parsonage barn, and was the site of the first cabin/church. Definately now on the to do list! Thanks for reading, GL&HH!

Bucknut
04-19-2016, 08:16 AM
That is a great hunt! anytime I can get an old indian and a silver I am happy!

chief5709
04-19-2016, 08:43 AM
Congrats! I like the button!

MIKE54
04-19-2016, 09:46 AM
Way to extract those keepers. Good luck at that next place.

Digger Don
04-19-2016, 10:27 AM
Congrats on some nice keeper from a "pounded site" Great job.
Good luck when you detect across the street.

ewcoinhunter
04-19-2016, 11:56 AM
Nice digs!

aloldstuff
04-19-2016, 06:14 PM
:congrats:on your keepers. They are appreciated when you can get them after others have tried......and good luck on the historical site across the street.

Digger_O'Dell
04-19-2016, 08:01 PM
Thanks Al! It's going to be a tough hunt there. I did a short scouting sweep through there and a lot of the area is gravel under about an inch of soil. Most of the buildings have been relocated to the site, but I hope I can find some goodies anyway. Still, the church lot still has a lot of acreage to explore too. Apparently next to one of the cemetery areas was used as a picnic grounds in the 1800s. Just hope it's not been "planted" since that time.

Fire Fighter 43
04-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Nice hunt Chris, congrats on the keepers. We need to get together for a hunt one of these days.

Digger_O'Dell
04-22-2016, 07:44 PM
Nice hunt Chris, congrats on the keepers. We need to get together for a hunt one of these days.

Thanks! I'm trying to get something going soon. The club idea is still in the works too but home life got in the way for now. If you have something in mind, let me know!