PDA

View Full Version : lost signal

RobW
08-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions:

It happens a lot, maybe because I don't have a minelab etrac....... You get a solid hit, you go to pinpoint, and it's lost, you switch back and get the hit again, you turn from another angle, and nothing, keep moving arounf the taget area and nothing until you come back full circle to where you start, and get a hit, try to pin point again and nothing?

NiagaraCountyNY
08-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Which detector are you using?And do you have an all metal option you can re-check the target with?

RobW
08-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Garrett 1350, yes, and I try that I flip back and forth between allmetal and my coin mode and have same experience.

NiagaraCountyNY
08-06-2010, 10:42 AM
If you cant get it in all metal then its not being Nulled/discrimed out.. When u pinpoint are u moving the coil a few inches to the left or right of the target before u push pinpoint,Then sweep back over?I notice sometimes if you hit pinpoint directly over the target u wont pick it up.With all metal u should get a hit from almost every angle,Unless its a tiny target or on edge ?? Maybe you will get a few more suggestions from the great folks here.Good Luck.HH

coinnut
08-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Rob, if you don't get a signal in all metal, after you did have one in discriminate, you must have some kind of falsing or interference. You should always get a signal in all metal. At least that is what I think should happen. The all metal mode is the deepest and most sensitive of the modes and it should register everything that the discriminator can hit on, plus some the disc can't. Try them signals in all metal. And NiagraCountyNY is correct. You must make sure you don't press the pinpoint button while directly over the suspected target, otherwise you will cancel it out. Move over a couple of inches and the hit pinpoint. If it doesn't register then, it's probably not there in the first place.