PDA

View Full Version : lunchtime SLQ

randy
08-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Managed to get out today at lunch and got one silver. Sounded like clad quarter but was deep, so I had guarded high hopes and said show me the shine, and when I saw it I was expecting a silver Washington and couldn't believe it was an SLQ with a readable date to boot <: <: <: (a 1924, just made the cut of the high dates ones too).

It really is a pretty coin that the scan doesn't do justice. It is really shiny like it just came off the presses. Sadly, there are a couple of scratches :mad: (not my doing), and a line near the I in LIBERTY of what I'm guessing is tarnish (my rosies from yesterday had some of this on the back), from some sort of saline mineralization, I suppose.

coinnut
08-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Gorgeous coin. :clapping: Congrats on that one!! You're right, you just made the old sytle ones, since 1925 was the start of the recessed dates. That makes it even nicer since most dates are gone before '25. Nice looker :shocked04:

angellionel
08-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Oh man! That is a sweet one! :drool: I love it when they have very readable dates. :smitten: Congrats!

zrickkid
08-06-2010, 09:50 PM
That is an absolutely beautiful coin.

NiagaraCountyNY
08-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Really nice coin :) Nice bonus having the date too.