PDA

View Full Version : Back to town park again. CW eagle button, Ford thing, fancy button and more.

nalc472
04-24-2016, 08:36 AM
Back to the park again. Found a ford thing, A huge spike (railroad?). We don't have railroads here, CW button, Fancy gilded button, horse ring, primitive hoe, old lock?, and other bits. That park keeps producing. WHen I seen the Gilded button I thought I had a gold coin. Thanks for looking. Using F75LTD2 with NEL Big coil. Set on BP and sen 0 and hit that CW button. Starting to think there was a civil war encampment there. I found the cw button just 10 feet fromwhere I found the 3 ringer a few days ago. That make 2 cw buttons, 1 officers buckle and a 3 ringer in an area about 1/2 acre. Photo of one of the ferrys at the river landing in my town. Not sure of the date of this photo. Could be around late 1800s. That is Kentucky on the other side.539835398453985539865399053991

del
04-24-2016, 09:11 AM
if your finding many military items its very possible it was a muster field ( a training staging spot for troops before they would go off to war) , would that be a nice surprise if it was !! congrats on the buttons .

nalc472
04-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Kentucky was just across the river. U can see it from the spot I was at. U can be to the river in 2 minute walk. The ferry was right there to take u across. There was a skirmish with the Confets in 1864 when they tried to take the ferry. Union Negro troops ran them off. 2 Union troops were killed. the battle took place on e the Kentucky side. It is possible they put troops there after that to ensure the troops do not return to try to take the ferry.

del
04-24-2016, 09:17 AM
Kentucky was just across the river. U can see it from the spot I was at. U can be to the river in 2 minute walk. The ferry was right there to take u across. There was a skirmish with the Confets in 1864 when they tried to take the ferry. Union Negro troops ran them off. 2 Union troops were killed. the battle took place on e the Kentucky side. It is possible they put troops there after that to ensure the troops do not return to try to take the ferry.

thats some great history nalc , your probably right about staging troops to protect the crossing .

aloldstuff
04-24-2016, 04:30 PM
That gold gilt button sure has a lot of gilt left and I can see how you would have thought "coin". Hope those military items keep coming....:thumbsup02:

OxShoeDrew
05-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Nice scores! As Al said, Keep it up!