PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you get the goose, sometimes the egg....

Digger_O'Dell
04-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Today I went to a local park on the way home from work go a short hunt. Didn't find much, but almost got really excited when a low tone popped out a big fancy ring. At first I thought maybe white gold, but turned out to be a junker.

After getting some sleep I went back to the old zoo/park for a 2 hour hunt before work. I was hoping to find more Indians or silver in the same area I found the last 2. Well, it wasn't to be. Lots of clad and memorials, but overall the only good coin was a toasty 1936 wheatie. I did find an older key, and a couple chunks of lead-one looking like the end of a bar that was melted at the end. I also found a copper piece likely edge trim from one of the zoo enclosures. Well, better luck next time I hope!

freemindstuck
04-24-2016, 07:44 PM
I like the post because it is fairly representative of a lot of my hunts. You don't always score great things every time you go out in this hobby anymore.

Digger_O'Dell
04-24-2016, 08:08 PM
I like the post because it is fairly representative of a lot of my hunts. You don't always score great things every time you go out in this hobby anymore.

I know in my region there are a crazy amount of people out detecting and the area has been pounded to death over the past 30 plus years. Even the privately owned places I ask permissions on have been detected before. So if it weren't for having a top tier machine, hundreds of hours learning it, working tough areas, plus sometimes lots of luck I can find something that was missed. Not to mention places where detecting is outright banned other than on private property. Detecting is getting really tough!

aloldstuff
04-25-2016, 04:50 AM
Tough area you are in but you still manage to get something. Seeing that ring I can see how that would be a heartstopper.

Lodge Scent
04-25-2016, 07:26 AM
Nice! Even though it is a junker, it still gave you that addictive rush. :)

groundhog53946
04-26-2016, 01:10 AM
Nice ring! Not getting silver or Indians every time out makes it that much more special when you do find one! At least that's what I keep telling myself

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Fire Fighter 43
04-28-2016, 11:15 AM
It's not gold but it is still a nice find, congrats on a good hunt Chris.