PDA

View Full Version : Muster Field finds from Sunday

CTTodd
04-26-2016, 06:34 PM
I got out to a small group hunt on Sunday at a Muster Field in NH. I had a blast with the guys and did very well I think. According to the all knowing
"Dan" or mostly knowing at least. I hit a Plume holder. I'm very happy to have found this and very pleased that Dan could ID it for me. I'm going to have it fixed. I hit a silver cane top with initials and a buch of buttons.

del
04-27-2016, 01:08 AM
some great finds came from that field Todd , Ron's button was amazing with all that gilt and you shako hat plume holder fit that time frame . Its a very sweet piece :smitten:

aloldstuff
04-27-2016, 06:28 AM
I think you did very well with those finds. We have to consider ourselves very lucky that we have a person with Dan's knowledge on this forum...:thumbsup02:

CTTodd
04-27-2016, 12:37 PM
I think you did very well with those finds. We have to consider ourselves very lucky that we have a person with Dan's knowledge on this forum...:thumbsup02:

Agreed, he's very helpful annoyingly so. Excellent to bounce finds off. I'm always confused.

del
04-27-2016, 03:13 PM

your too kind Al :embarrassed:

Agreed, he's very helpful annoyingly so. Excellent to bounce finds off. I'm always confused.

Theres always a price for something Todd :rofl:

BTV Digger
04-27-2016, 04:59 PM
Good for you Todd. Always nice to pull out something new and interesting from time to time.

John

OxShoeDrew
04-27-2016, 05:59 PM
Nice going, Todd! What is that coin? It looks interestingly old!
Yeah, Dan is a walking encyclopedia.:)

CTTodd
04-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Nice going, Todd! What is that coin? It looks interestingly old!
Yeah, Dan is a walking encyclopedia.:)

its not a coin darn it. I'm told that it's part of a hand saw handle

Bell-Two
04-27-2016, 10:53 PM
I always read Dan's comments very carefully because he will identify things I wasn't even asking about because I just figure them to be "Yuelahs" who used to say "I don't know what it is but it's what I dug!"

MangoAve
04-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Nice, Todd. I had never even thought of plumes on helmets here. I know of one muster field nearby but it's usually overgrown so swinging ain't easy. There was some iron for what I did try. Buttons are still a nice find...

I always read Dan's comments very carefully because he will identify things I wasn't even asking about because I just figure them to be "Yuelahs" who used to say "I don't know what it is but it's what I dug!"

:lol: