PDA

View Full Version : Attempt at 2 tones

hockeyguy
08-06-2010, 09:21 PM
I spent about 2 hours at an old park I have gone over several times....even in AM mode. I attempted to replicate the 2 tone as best as I could. I started out by setting ferrous sounds and reducding the variable value. I could not alter this too much as I was testing it with a clad time and I think at 5 or 6 it sounded not too good. So I left it at the lowest where this at least sounded different than iron. This didn't excatly leave only 2 tones, however, maybe 5 or 6. THe main goal was to make ALL IROn sound bad. When in AM, this isn't always the case, however, with a slightly reduced sensitivity and variables lowered, it worked.

My first dig was the merc :cheering:...I'm feeling pretty good :cheering:, 'cause a lot of folks wont go to this park as its been hammered. My 2nd dig was an injun. 3rd dig, another injun. I kept going with wheaties and ended upt with 6 of them, 3 injuns and the merc. A skeleton key (never found an almost complete one) an old lock, a goat or cow and a decorative piece. Actually, I have never found 3 IHs in 1 hunt! :cheering: I guess that's a 1st for me.

I knew the coins would punch through the iron and trash and was quite happy with the results. I mean I've been over this very slow with AM a few times! Naturally, I still get the aluminum sounding hi pitch and did get fooled :interesting: by a nail or two, but for the most part, I could actually see how one (maybe Angel) :cheering: could feasbly locate the goods within the garbage so consistantly.

Makes me feel like I have a new machine and should go over some old spots with a new lease on MDing. Tomorrow, I know exactly where I am headed!

I actually only dug 1 clad coin tonite and that was by choice.....very interesting. Very little garbage ( a few nails).

Thanks for all the input Niagra (don't know ur name), coinnut (george) and Epi ( I believe it's Angie).

HH

Aaron

angellionel
08-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Good going there, Aaron! thumbsup01 Now you will be all excited about hitting those parks again. I know I would be. lol

randy
08-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Congrats on your finds, but I'm not exactly following what you did. Are you saying that setting 2 tone ferrous, and lowering the sensitivity reduced iron falsing?

NiagaraCountyNY
08-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Outstanding results! Looks like you are going to have fun for awhile with the new settings thumbsup01 trying New settings works best on those sites u really pounded.Looking forward to your results.

Congrats on your finds, but I'm not exactly following what you did. Are you saying that setting 2 tone ferrous, and lowering the sensitivity reduced iron falsing?
HockeyGuy is using the SE not the E-Trac. Good Luck tommrow.....Jim

Epi-hunter
08-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Glad it worked for you hockeyguy! Great results :) Yes, even with the variability set to the lowest, you will get more than two tones (like you said, five or so), without the option to set it at two tones like on the E-Trac. But the concept is the same and you can learn how it works on the SE. thumbsup01

hockeyguy
08-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes Randy on the Minelab SE, apparently you cannot set a true 2 tone, so I got as close as I could by lowering the variability (courtesy of Epi). I have found that when I run the sensitivity too high, iron will sound too good sometimes, especially through the halo effect. ( I will test this further tomorrow with the variability setting low). SO I have been opting to run sens at 26. Today I had some interference so I chose auto to stop it. I have no doubt that I could have run at 31+ with 22 IM, however, wanted to make as many iron tones real bad as possible and run an open screen, that is listen to everything.

I believe this is what led me to locate these coins in the iron.....I always felt iron is my friend 'cause most don't have hte patience for it. Since I am 20 years too late on most sites, I have tried to be creative and heard about the 2 tones, so I have decided to give it a try. I also spent a long time running the open screen, which did work, but it was painstaking at times and I am certain i missed a lot but dug too much rion. I attribute the positive hits today to these alterations......time will tell if this is the case. I think I've had a bit of a revalation :cheering:; let's hope! I want my capped bust silver and big silver everyone else missed.

NiagaraCountyNY
08-07-2010, 04:44 AM
One thing that helps me not dig iron is using the Pin-point to ID the target.Alot of times if you are getting a high tone from iron its as you are getting to the edge of it that the high tone appers.When u go to pin-point this High tone most times it wont pin-point on center where u heard the tone.(Im prob making this confusing,sorry)I have found the Pin-point mode to be very acurate at id-ing targets.And iron high tones usually arent on center when u pin-point.Hopefully this saves u some digging.Good Luck...Im off to the Woods!!! HH

coinnut
08-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Nice strategy Aaron on making it a sorta E Trac lol It seems to have worked. Time will tell. Hope you can repeat the process every time you hunt! If it works, think of all the junk areas you can go and find silver :drool:beatdown:inda gives you a glimpse of what Angel has been doing for years. I just wish he lived somewhere else and not by me rofl

hockeyguy
08-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I agree coinnut; I got a glimpse of how a typical (or a fraction of) Angel's day may go.

Today didn't go as well......3 local parks, ~ 5 hours, 11 wheaties, no silver and a bus token. My best signal of the day was a 00 27 at 5...that's a quarter, half dollar or LC all day. Couldn't believe no one had dug this one. Turned out to be a copper bolt rofl :bangahead01: :mad: >:\ :embarrassed: <:

no Cheerleader for this one.