PDA

View Full Version : 4 more silvers from the big tree!

Full Metal Digger
08-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Howdy diggers,

I made 2 hunts this week to that same old park. I focused my efforts around that big dead tree where there is so much trash (every couple inches). I have detected around this tree 3 or 4 times now and I am still finding stuff! The first hunt, I spent 3 hours and only found 1 coin! :bangahead01: Luckily, it was a merc. I came back a few days later after it had rained and got 3 more silvers. I'm a little embarrassed to say I found these coins in an area I had already grid searched. That means I am either a terrible grid searcher or soil conditions (H2O) are a critical part of the ACE 250's abilities. Thanks for watching, HH and on-on!

ACE 250 gets more silvers by the big tree (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ebd9hJobjA#)

coinnut
08-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Het Daddy Digger, Don't worry ...you are not a terrible gridder lol moisture plays a great part in deep silver being located. So does the angle you hit the target. Come in at a slightly different angle and you could miss it. We have made many of our coppers and buttons come out of places we have pounded. lol And we still find more. Nice bunch of silvers, but sooner or later that tree is gonna dry up rofl

angellionel
08-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey, don't feel bad. Like George said, changing conditions, hitting the site from a different angle, all play a part in allowing us to pick up more goods from areas we have already worked. I tend to go back to sites I have previously detected in order to grid the area from a different direction. :yes: You did very well with the finds!

DESERT DOG
08-07-2010, 07:19 PM
thumbsup01 thumbsup01

zrickkid
08-07-2010, 09:45 PM
I find many more coins with my V3 after it rains. I get so excited to see those storm clouds roll in cause it means in a day or two im off to hunt.

pulltabsteve
08-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Keep on hitting it. More good finds will come. :peace:

leslie(nova scotia)
08-10-2010, 07:15 PM
From the land of the Bluenose....digand they will come. Great vid and thanks for taking us along on the ride.