PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodby to a friend

aloldstuff
05-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Recently a good friend on mine passed away. He was 84 years old and was the gentleman that got me back into metal detecting. He showed me his finds and all I could think was "he got it all".

As he progressed on in years he gave up metal detecting but would come over every Saturday and Sunday morning for a cup of coffee and to see what I had found.

The find he was most proud of was a 1722 2 real, looks like it was just minted. I have attached some pictures of it. He made me promise that the coin would be in his coffin when he passed, and it is. The good news is that I have a pretty good idea of the area where he found it......

OxShoeDrew
05-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Al, I'm sorry you lost a friend but it sounds like he was special to you. Congrats on having had such a bud.

"The good news is that I have a pretty good idea of the area where he found it......" :lol:

del
05-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Al , I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend . The pistareen he found is quite a beautiful coin.

Dan

Lodge Scent
05-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Bummer Al. I know how you feel. I've a few "old timer" friends that have passed. Go out and hit that spot and find a few keepers in his memory.

Digger_O'Dell
05-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend Al. Everyone has their time, but at least you were able to share some of yours which was very meaningful to you both. So celebrate his life by cherishing those great memories and honor him by keeping up the detecting tradition.