PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it is worth a try and April Finds

wisconsin digger
05-11-2016, 06:53 AM
I thought it may be worth posting some unusual Etrac Numbers I have dug recently to show, under the right conditions, it is worth digging those numbers that generally turn out to be junk. Usually after I have hunted an area for quite some time I start digging those Etrac numbers I would usually pass on. Generally I am working places that have less junk and the signals I dig are usually pretty strong and clear. I posted several pictures of small coin spills I have dug this year which ad some numbers I would normally pass on for various reasons. Nothing real significant but does add some motivation to hunt those areas that are becoming less productive. Also, haven't posted in a while so I put some pictures on of some of my April finds. Been a decent spring with multiple hunts producing some nice old coins including a good bunch of silver. Recently got a few new permissions so hope to post some older stuff in May. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Bucknut
05-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Man you found a bunch of old nickels! I have done the same thing in places that I have cleaned up the easy signals and have also been rewarded with old worn nickels or other relic type finds.

Digger_O'Dell
05-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Nice digging! I've had the same experience with my CTX getting odd signals sometimes that pay off digging. It depends on the situation in most cases, and sometimes just a gut feeling. Well done!

Fire Fighter 43
05-11-2016, 08:59 PM
It pays to dig some of those repeatable off numbers. Congrats on bunch of nice finds Dave.

groundhog53946
05-11-2016, 11:50 PM
I've been digging alot of odd signals also but more so to learn the CTX. And like you I am frequently being surprised at what I find.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

aloldstuff
05-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Been a while since I have seen that many nickels....congrats on all your keepers and for the information about digging the odd numbers

Digger Don
05-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Congrats on a great bunch of coins. Gotta love those low tones.