PDA

View Full Version : possable roman coin and a copper i cant work out.

lee
05-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Wednesday aloldstuff invited me up to detect a freshly ploughed field that he had a few coppers off last week.
the field was next door to the field i had my Morgan from last year so hopes where high.
my first find was a musket ball followed by a heart shaped locket half and then a signal at 10 inches that nearly blew my head off it was so loud and out pops this tiny coin looking thing, first i thought it was a button then i saw words around the outside and something in the back of my head said roman ??.
im still not sure really and would love a second opinion.
next was a suspender buckle followed by the copper, it does have some shapes on the front as you can see but me and al cant seem to match it to any copper we know....see what you lot think.

aloldstuff
05-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Lee, thanks for keeping me company. Even though my keeper pouch was empty your finds look great. I hope someone can identify that "roman" cause that would be exciting to think that a roman coin ended up in that cornfield. Try as we did to ID that copper (which isn't saying much) again I hope someone will give you an ID. Looking forward to our next outing.

Fire Fighter 43
05-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Holy cow! Roman in the USA. It would be nice to know the story of that coins travels. Congrats on a great find, WTG.