PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Group Hunt and a Little Door Knocking

Digger Don
05-15-2016, 12:08 AM
Alec and I headed out to Davenport, Iowa this morning to participate in a group hunt.
After we registered we had about an hour and a half to detect on our own. Signals were scarce, I think only 3 good coins were dug during the open hunting. I got one good signal, a solid 12-13 at 7 inches.Thought for sure I had at least a Buff. Fortunately I was wrong. I pulled out a very nice 10K class ring. A 1978. ( I knew if I keep digging all those nickel signals, I would eventually find Gold. )

Then in the afternoon, they had 2 seeded hunts. Not very challenging, but still a lot of fun. Alec dug 10 silvers and I dug 11.
We each got a Walker. We also dug a boat load of clad. Hey, I also won a Mine Lab canteen, flash light and a Fisher hat in the raffle.

On the way home, we decided to stop and find an old house to detect. The first house I asked said yes.
My first good find was a 25 cent trade token. Then about 20 minutes later i dug a 1944 merc.
Alec slept in the car!!! LOL
Ended up being a good day

I only added the one merc to our silver count. The seeded silvers don't count .

Fire Fighter 43
05-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Nice ring, congrats on a getting the gold. It looks like you cleaned up at the seeded hunt, WTG.

Digger_O'Dell
05-15-2016, 01:09 PM
Sounds like you guys had fun plus you struck gold in the process. I would call that a great day any day. Congrats!

del
05-15-2016, 02:12 PM
Well done !! :wow: you guys sure did "hoover up" the silver from the seeded hunt !!:clapping:Don the ring is a very nice surprise Huh ?? :notworthy:Congrats to both you and Alec!!

Full Metal Digger
05-15-2016, 03:12 PM
So Don, it was just another typical hunt for you and Alec! Silvers and gold. Congrats and glad you had a good time on the seeded hunt. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Bucknut
05-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Looks like you had a great time! Nice gold ring too!

groundhog53946
05-16-2016, 08:53 AM
Sounds like you both had a good time! Congrats on the silver and gold

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

MangoAve
05-16-2016, 10:10 AM
Nice ring and token, even if the rest was seeded (less 1 merc). I was wondering where all those Kennedys and presidential dollars came from just at quick glance of the pic.. You still managed a lot for the seeded parts. The one seeded hunt I tried at the beach I only found two wheats.

Digger Don
05-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Nice ring and token, even if the rest was seeded (less 1 merc). I was wondering where all those Kennedys and presidential dollars came from just at quick glance of the pic.. You still managed a lot for the seeded parts. The one seeded hunt I tried at the beach I only found two wheats.
A lot of the clad was just thrown out on the surface. Alec, with his young eyes, was picking up anything shiny while he was hunting for silver.
Not very challenging, but fun none the less.

aloldstuff
05-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Super sweet ring. I attended only one seeded hunt, you and Alex did very well.