PDA

View Full Version : Group hunt and a bucket lister!

Digger_O'Dell
05-19-2016, 10:49 AM
Hi all
I was invited to hunt with FF43 (Jeff), Ill digger (Tim), and Ted at an undisclosed location I have been once before. Well, the first half of the day didn't produce anything but a single wheatie. But after lunch I went back to an area that gave up lots of silver previously. I had thought it was cleaned out, but not long into the area I got a nice quarter size sterling religious medal. Then things went quiet again until I started poking the coil under some bushes along the back edge where I picked up a shallow silver Washington. After this I turned the corner and followed the tree line where about half way down at the base of a tree I got a wheatie signal between some thick roots. Well, to say the least I was in for a BIG surprise when about 2 inches down and on edge I pulled out a huge nearly perfect walking liberty half! Top of my bucket list for sure. Last silver of the day, and with 7 wheaties still made for a great hunt, with everyone going home with silver in their pockets. Big thanks to Jeff for the invite!

Digger Don
05-19-2016, 11:58 AM
Awesome find.
:congrats: on your bucket list Walker. She's a beauty too!!

Bucknut
05-19-2016, 12:19 PM
Nice! Congrats on the goods!

aloldstuff
05-20-2016, 04:08 AM
Beautiful WLH. Been quite a while since I have gotten a sterling religious medal, congrats on yours.

wisconsin digger
05-20-2016, 04:52 AM
It's weird how a big chunk of silver can have such poor signals at times. great hunt for the group look forward to seeing Jeff's video. I would consider that quite the successful hunt. Nice finds WD

Digger_O'Dell
05-20-2016, 06:37 AM
Thanks everyone!

MangoAve
05-20-2016, 08:29 AM
Nice big silver. I actually found my walking HD in just the same way as your washington, checking underneath the bushes.

Ill Digger
05-20-2016, 01:09 PM
There's a lotta meat still left on that Walker Chris!:thumbsup02:
That's a good one for your first!!:yes:
Congrats on the bucket lister :grin: , and all the other keepers as well.
The religious medallion is a sweet find too!

It was good to meet yet another forum member! :cool:
Till next time:beerbuddy:

Digger_O'Dell
05-20-2016, 01:14 PM
Thanks much Tim, it was great meeting a couple neighbors from the south. Have to say you guys really work it hard, and it pays off. Hope I get the chance to dig with you and Ted again sometime

groundhog53946
05-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Should have known that's what you would dig when you said you were hoping to dig one! Big congrats

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
05-20-2016, 07:19 PM
Should have known that's what you would dig when you said you were hoping to dig one! Big congrats

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Thanks Dennis! Now I need to go for the gold! Actually got a lead yesterday from a coworker who told me of his father and a couple of his coworkers finding a load of gold coins scattered throughout a construction site they were working about 10 years ago. He said he would get me the address, and I'll work the curb strips and whatever else I can access there. Who knows what will pop up, but I can always hope!

Fire Fighter 43
05-21-2016, 02:29 PM
WTG Chris and congrats again on a BIG first. It was nice hunting with you again and I was happy you you made some good finds.