PDA

View Full Version : New Permission YES and NO

wisconsin digger
05-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Finally got around to asking on a new permission I have been looking at for a couple of years. It took a bit to break the ice but I finally got a Yes, sort of. I got to hunt one time so I went out this morning and hunted for 5 hours not knowing if I will get a chance to get back. I hope I can convince them of another visit as the spot has definitely been hunted but there is plenty of signals left. At wrap up I had 73 coins including 19 wheats (1909,28,36,37,38) a 1927 Buffalo 2 Rosies and 3 Mercs. I also found 8 other nickels with 4 of those from the 40' and 50's. So the spot definitely has some age. I found 3 double coin spills with one being a wheatie /Rosie duo and the other 2 spills were double Wheaties. Again lots of potential. Earlier in the week when I was attempting to get this permission (no luck that time) I managed to find a Park I had never hunted. My 1st signal was a Rosie. Ended up with several Wheaties and the Rosie before a baseball game was starting. Plan on heading back there this Tuesday for a more thorough hunt. Same day I managed a Barber in a Park I hit last year. This hunt and one Thursday produced 4 more silver. 9 silver for the week is the best I have done in a while and I still have tomorrow to look. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Fire Fighter 43
05-21-2016, 05:22 PM
That is a lot of coins from the new permission. Congrats on the good silver week and good luck if you get back for another hunt.

Digger_O'Dell
05-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Congrats on the 9 silver, and i see you have the dime trifecta-well done! Hoping for the chance to maybe hunt with you again this summer. Keep up the hot streak!

Bucknut
05-21-2016, 06:50 PM
Hope you get back to that place! It will haunt you if you can't! Congrats!

wisconsin digger
05-21-2016, 08:47 PM
I hope so too, as this is the perfect wheatie soil, loamy and sandy, and the wheats come out great. Not to mention it has silver too. WD

Digger Don
05-22-2016, 05:05 AM
Congrats on your Nine Silver week and your trifecta. I hope you can get back on that yard.
Best of luck when you do!!!

aloldstuff
05-22-2016, 04:37 PM
Best of luck on your return trip to the "yes" permission. Congrats on a 9 silver week.

RIdirtdigger
05-22-2016, 08:27 PM
Nice finds. Glad that permission worked out for you. Hopefully the owners will let you come back another time.

milco
05-24-2016, 09:22 PM
Nice score on those finds, good luck if you return!