PDA

View Full Version : Some new water finds...

Snowy
08-07-2010, 09:16 PM
So many pics of finds lately. Most of these pics are Joe's cuz they've been out of work recently. Too hot and humid to get up on roofs, etc... the last pic is of 3 rings I found in one spot in an hour. I spent the rest of that day lazing on the beach while Joe detected every minute until we left. What can I say ~ I was simply wiped out!

Headed back to a beach tomorrow with four other friends. We hit an old field last Sunday with a friend up from Florida, but I didn't find crap. He did better than me with a buckle and old crotal bell piece. Can't remember what Joe found out there that day. Time for some new fields for us, I think. Thinking....

There are more pics than this of our recent finds, but these are the ones I simply snagged to post. The gold ring is 10k, and Joe found it.

zrickkid
08-07-2010, 09:26 PM
cool finds!

coinnut
08-08-2010, 12:25 AM
You're gonna need a ring box pretty soon Donna lol And a necklace box, and an earring box ;) You two get the coolest stuff from them swimming areas. But did you guys get a long scoop yet? I gotta know lol Nice finds.

Snowy
08-08-2010, 05:39 AM
Yeah, we have long handled scoops, but we don't even use them. We bought some weights and belts, strap 10 pounds to our waist and go for it. Digging in the water with our feet, hands, and fanning seems to be our preference. Dunno why, though.

We've been sticking to areas about waist to chest high or deeper. It's cooler this morning so I may just stay shallow, no deeper than knee-deep. We'll see. If I do that, I'll use the big scoop. I may go out into the woods, as well. The old farm had more open land way back when, and from what I understand, there are some old bottles at the old dump site. We'll see.

del
08-08-2010, 05:42 AM
water hunting is a sure way to beat the heat of the summer and from the looks of it pretty lucrative too. congrats on the finds you two.glad to hear you got the scoops and post some bottle if ya finds some good'uns .

Dan

Snowy
08-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Dan, I never got away from the beach today. A couple of the guys did and one guy found a bottle dated to be 1926 (don't ask me how, I don't know).

Nine rings were found today, a few of them gold, all in the water, most about chest deep. Earrings, bracelets and other stuff as well.

Found some pennies from the 1920s, someone found an ox shoe, and I don't even know what else was hauled outa there today. Fantastic place... old woods to hunt, the beach used to be pasture into the early 1900s but it's all sand now (turned over to beach back then for a richy-rich girl's camp), good swimming area... something for every hunter at that old site.

I'm beat!

angellionel
08-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Those are some very nice finds. No doubt you and Joe are having a great time working the shallow water. George is right, you will need some sort of ring display case. :yes:

Epi-hunter
08-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Nice finds Donna! I am really wishing I could water detect.

OMG, that long earring! :shocked04: People actually wear that kind of thing when swimming?? :shocked04:

Snowy
08-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I KNOW, right? Even the clip on earrings!

It's almost too cold to be water hunting anymore. Getting into the 40s here at night. I could only stand the water for a bit today with the wind coming off the pond like it was. It's been fun, though. We've still got a few more weeks. We need wet suits to extend the water hunting season, but think we're gonna wait for those. There are some places we wanna get into and stay about knee deep, but when we get out there, the deeper sections just call our name.

The gang had a good time today and really cleaned up some rings from the water. But that's not a spot we'd hit daily, or even often. We're glad we were able to turn them on to a good hunting spot. Hope it's warm enough in Sept. when we go to the cottage... I'd like to try the water there. It'll be days on end of field hunting on an old homestead, but a hop in the lake at the end of the day for some bling would be nice.

Am I addicted? I think I'm addicted to detecting.