PDA

View Full Version : A few finds from the first park I pulled silver from, and a 203 y.o. hotel.

MangoAve
05-27-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm lovin' the warm weather. It has finally arrived!! Wednesday I went to ask a permission, but I am still waiting on a response from the one who calls the shots. While waiting I drove to another place to ask, but I was relying on memory on the ages of the places. Turns out it was really old, but only after checking the assessor data from a separate website. The old map placement looked off a bit, esp how the map drawn 1868 does have an adjacent house while on the street now two houses down (separated by a new house) is one that is 1870. It has to be older than the map. So I headed to the park where I first scored some silver. Turns out I didn't find too much more, but there is stuff to still be found. Along the fence line I pulled up a fork which dates to the 1940.

Thursday night I got a permission to do an old hotel. They told me it has been hit before and last time there were only a few buttons and a musket ball found. I went in knowing it was hit but decided to check it out anyway. It wasn't hit hard at all. My first signal was an ornate spoon. Around the clothesline I found a few wheats. Behind the old carriage house there was a door knob. I did score a few more wheats on the other side of the carriage house. A few round brass rings came up too. One was from the front of the house. They are almost the same size but different design. Out back by the garden I did score another sash buckle. Imma magnet for those things apparently. :lol:. Not bad for 2 hours at a hunted out spot.

Digger_O'Dell
05-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Interesting finds for sure, though Im not sure that's a sash buckle. Looks more like a hair piece to me beause of the holes for the long hair pin, but I could be wrong.

MangoAve
06-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Interesting finds for sure, though Im not sure that's a sash buckle. Looks more like a hair piece to me beause of the holes for the long hair pin, but I could be wrong.

I def could see it being a hair piece as well. The bar is slightly different than most, but it still has the same characteristics: the bar in the same place and the loop in the same spot. The bottom right is the opposite piece for the buckle, having the clip.

OxShoeDrew
06-03-2016, 04:25 AM
Jim, that's a ton of targets for 2 hrs! I hope you can get back there soon!

aloldstuff
06-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Some interesting finds Jim.