PDA

View Full Version : New guy here from western, Mass. Hilltown boy.

DiggerBob1787
05-27-2016, 04:00 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I just met angel in Westfield and he recommended this site. I run an At pro,Garrett carrot,T handle digger as well as the Garrett hand digger. I'm always looking for new places to hunt and always searching for new hunting partners. My most notable finds are 1845,1852 large cents,1787 CT copper,1936 walker, and an 1876 seated quarter. I've also dug the 1908S Indian, she's rather crusy but still nice. If there is anyone in the Western mass Area, please let me know.

Tony Two-Cent
05-27-2016, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the forum, Bob! We are glad you joined us! That 1908-S Indian Head Cent is a rare find for detectorists, congrats on that one. I'm still looking for my first Indian Head with a mint mark.

Best of luck with your detecting and we are looking forward to your participation on the forum! :yes:

angellionel
05-27-2016, 04:49 PM
Glad to see you decided to join us Bob. Welcome aboard! Those are notable finds indeed. The 1908-S Indian Head cent, even if crusty, is a great find! Congrats!

Feel free to explore the forum and ask questions if you have them. And don't be shy about posting your finds. I wish you much success in your hunts.

OxShoeDrew
05-27-2016, 05:07 PM
Hi Bob, I visit your neck of the woods every summer. What could be better than a July/August night at Tanglewood?...well maybe a dateable CT copper :lol: ...congrats on yours! I'm glad you found us! Welcome from the nutmeg state!
Well...now that I googled Westfield I guess you're about 30 miles east of Lennox...welcome anyway :lol:

Digger_O'Dell
05-27-2016, 06:25 PM
Hello Bob, and welcome from Wisconsin! Sounds like you've already scored some great old coins, and look forward to seeing some photos and stories soon.

del
05-27-2016, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the forum Bob , if you met Angel while detecting it was in a park ?? did he leave anything for you to find :lol: ? I would love to see the Connecticut copper some time , state coppers are some of my favorite coins . glad you joined us .

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
05-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the forum Bob from SE Wisconsin. Looks like you made some great finds. It's Good to have you with us.

Skamaniac
05-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Welcome from Washington state. Sounds like there's some good hunting in your area.

leslie(nova scotia)
05-29-2016, 06:25 PM
Hiya from your neighbour to the northeast...Nova Scotia. Look forward to reading about your detecting adventures!

aloldstuff
05-30-2016, 05:48 PM
Bob, welcome from western MA. I live in Westfield and have been detecting about 9 years now. I'm using the V3i. Your list of finds sounds great and like Del stated feel free to throw up a picture or two of them.

Shoot me a PM, would love to get in some detecting with you.

Al