PDA

View Full Version : Milestones and a sterling day...

Bucknut
06-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Last week I accomplished 2 milestones. The first happened at a school site where I found that 1952 Rosie...career silver coin #500. Then a couple days later during my lunch break I got the 1940 merc which is silver coin #100 from that park! Most of those have been found during my lunch breaks....which at times makes for an awkward walk through the doors at work 20-30 minutes later that I should because I lost track of time digging up treasures.

This next pic is from this past Memorial weekend at a school site. Managed 2 silver dimes, a 1915 D Buff and a Sterling Navy pin. It states on the back "US Navy Award for War Works". During WW2 the Army and Navy awarded companies that made military product and who had outstanding quality with this award and everyone in the company would receive this pin.

Then last night I hit up an old park I have hit many times before and also door knocked at a couple homes that bordered it. I found 15 Wheaties, a crusty 1903 Indian, 1927 Buff, 2 sterling rings and a sterling bezel from a pocket watch. There should have been a silver dime there too that's how it is at my old hammered parks.

HH - Jared

wisconsin digger
06-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Awesome milestones and handy little park close to work. I did that once this year and managed to find a Rosie. Great finds. WD