PDA

View Full Version : Out of sync on dime trifecta's

wisconsin digger
06-04-2016, 03:19 AM
Got out Thursday and Friday for a couple hours of hunting. Thursday I hit a Park I've hunted before but continued to hunt some areas that I did not spend much time on before. As in all places I've hunted, as I took my time I found a few hidden treasures. I ended up with my first clipped Merc another Merc and barber dime I missed a couple of weeks ago. Turns out I revisited a hole I dug at the base of a tree where I found a pretty decent '20D Merc. As I checked the spot I got a slight blip on the detector. I know I checked the hole with the pinpointer and rechecked the area after I closed it and got nothing the last time but this time I definitely had some signal. Knowing I already found a coin here I reopened the hole and revisited the BIG root I dug around last time. Sure enough another signal turned out to be a 1892 Barber dime. The back was so clean it must of been tight against the Merc and I managed to turn it on its side and missed the signal the 1st time. Pleasant surprise. Yesterday I hit some new ground I was not sure was old enough for silver. It took a little searching but I ended up with 2 Rosies and a surprise 1902 Barber Dime. So the 2 hunts produced 2 Rosies, 2 Mercs and 2 Barber dimes. Not quite in the correct order but a poor mans dime trifecta. Should be able to hit the ground both days this weekend so I hope to pick up a few more oldies. Keep swinging. Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
06-04-2016, 05:50 AM
Very nice trifecta, no matter how you do it! GL this weekend. I'm off for 2 days solid detecting up north myself-hoping the rains aren't too bad

Digger Don
06-04-2016, 11:52 PM
Sounds like a trifecta to me!
Congrats on all the silver Dimes.

MangoAve
06-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Congrats. Wth did they think they were doing, making a trime from a merc?

Tony Two-Cent
06-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Nice bunch of silver dimes, especially the Barbers! We'll call it a two-day trifecta! :thumbsup01:

:congrats:

aloldstuff
06-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Very nice hunting and congrats on the double trifecta. I will always go back to spots that I have gotten coins before.