PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully Karma works

MI Detectors
06-11-2016, 06:40 PM
I've been swinging the AT Pro for a few months now. Have dug up about 20 bucks in clad, two Indians, an 1889 and 1883, and one Buff, 1913. Lots of junk, and of course more bottle caps and pull tabs than I care to count. Getting much better at identifying sounds and signals, but as yet have not found any silver or gold.
Girls and I went out to South Haven Beach one evening during Memorial Day weekend thinking I might have some luck. But again nothing but junk, clad and trash. So while I'm walking around, back and forth down the beach I hear this guy say,"sir would you help us find a piece of jewelry we've lost". So of course I said sure, if it's here I'll find it. He said his cousin, a young girl about 16, lost a religious pendant in the sand. It looked like she was nearly in tears for loosing it. He pointed to an area where they thought it might be and in only a few seconds the AT Pro had found the signal. I took one scoop of sand and there it was a pretty little silver
piece of jewelry. They were very thankful, and pleased to have had the luck of me walking by. I said it was no problem, it was my pleasure to have been able to help. So my first piece of silver was a recovery for some young people at the beach. I REALLY hope this begins my days of finding some silver I get to keep!:thumbsup02:

OxShoeDrew
06-11-2016, 06:56 PM
:clapping::thumbsup02::notworthy: NICE JOB!!!!

Digger_O'Dell
06-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Well done! Karma works in unexpected ways. Maybe someone will find and return something you lost....who knows? But that's the kind of activity that builds a good reputation for the hobby. :clapping:

del
06-13-2016, 05:02 AM
I commend you for being a great person an ambassador to the hobby MID !!:thumbsup02::clapping::notworthy:

MangoAve
06-13-2016, 07:17 AM
:thumbsup01:
Idk how silver isn't easier to come by. People lose change excessively even with pockets, granted nowadays people could care less about a clad penny or a dime. Its not like these spots could be gone over before and only the silver gets dug, but leave things like large cents....which sound just like silver.

Bucknut
06-13-2016, 01:13 PM
That is the best way to start your "silver career"! As long as you keep swinging you will eventually find silver.

aloldstuff
06-15-2016, 05:46 AM
From nearly in tears to a big smile, I am sure. WTG on being the good guy.