PDA

View Full Version : What coil

power
06-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Hi guys my X-TERRA 505 came with the stock 7.5 concentric 9" and a 7.5 concentric 6" what coil should i be using in the parks or beach? And is bigger and higher better? These are the coils available?
3 kHz Concentric 9” a
7.5 kHz Concentric 9” a
18.75 kHz Concentric 9” a
7.5 kHz Double-D 10.5” a
18.75 kHz Double-D 10.5” a
18.75 kHz Double-D 10” x 5” a
7.5 kHz Concentric 6” a
18.75 kHz Double-D 6”

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
06-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Power,
There are more coils than that available. The 7.6 KHz is a catch all frequency, and i was I little disappointed with my X-Terra 705's versatility. The stock concentric did well enough and was plenty deep, but the seperation was terrible. I also have the 18.75DD as part of the gold pack. Not much depth snd loves iron. Great for low tone signals like nickles and foil or gold rings. I purchased the Minelab 7.5KHz DD and wasn't impressed. It's big, bulky and heavy, and doesn't have much depth. So the delimma I had was I wanted versatility, performance, and didn't want to buy a whole bunch of coils. My solution was the NEL 3 frequency coils. Just cycle the power within a few seconds and it will index to the next frequency. With the 505, you do get the 3Khz option which is a silver and copper magnet, and gives incredible depth. I bought the Hunter and Attack coils and i can't praise them enough. The coils are difficult to obtain since they are not Minelab authorized, but well worth the extra price and possible wait times if you order direct from Ukraine. The Hunter has great seperation, is light an easy to move around obstructions. Great all purpose coil. The Attack is a 15 inch coil that I generally use in big open areas like farm fields. Covers huge amounts of ground quickly, and at 3Khz I could get quarters at an unreal depth of 18 to 24 plus inches down under good ground conditions. Just watch out for crushed soda cans, the big coil will pick them up at 3 feet or better, but look like a shallower big silver coin. I was stubborn enough to dig that deep once just to see what I was picking up-2 hours later and what looked like an open pit mine I got my soda can!