PDA

View Full Version : British deterctorist saying hello!

British history
06-29-2016, 02:40 PM
Hi to all American detecting colleagues. Ive been in the hobby for three years, use a t2se and my best find was a 15th century medieval (tudor) gold ring worth £20,000 found in Yorkshire england.

Digger Don
06-29-2016, 02:50 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. I would love to see some photos of your finds.

Tony Two-Cent
06-29-2016, 02:51 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum! :waving:

I am envious of the really old finds that can be made over there across the pond! We would love to see a photo of the ring. Congrats on that spectacular find!

British history
06-29-2016, 03:00 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum! :waving:

I am envious of the really old finds that can be made over there across the pond! We would love to see a photo of the ring. Congrats on that spectacular find!

Heres a video of my ring

The man who nearly threw away £20k of Tudor GOLD!: http://youtu.be/z1gj_SoMhr0

British history
06-29-2016, 03:18 PM

Full Metal Digger
06-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Lee. I recognize this ring from one of Stephen's videos last year. To most Americans, Tudor gold is a vague term. We don't really know how old that is. Are those Gothic letters on the side? Have they been deciphered? Are you any further in the process with value or display by the museum? Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
06-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the forum! Awesome ring, would love to know the history of it.

del
06-29-2016, 07:03 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum "Bh" . That ring :shocked03: is absolutely stunning :loveit: . A lot of us over here really envy the history you chaps dig up !! Thanks for joining and sharing the ring with us .

Dan

lee
06-29-2016, 08:12 PM
alright mate !!! welcome to the forum, im a Brit living in the good old US of A,stunning ring mukka well done.
there a good bunch on here and you will learn a lot, i know i have.
pukka news on the brexit vote mate !! im chuffed to bits for you all.

Ill Digger
06-29-2016, 09:44 PM
Man! That's yellow!! :shocked04: Awesome ring!
It must be a high kart! Like 22K or 24K:wow:
Do you know what the stones are?
Congrats! :grin:

Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :peace:

British history
06-30-2016, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the forum Lee. I recognize this ring from one of Stephen's videos last year. To most Americans, Tudor gold is a vague term. We don't really know how old that is. Are those Gothic letters on the side? Have they been deciphered? Are you any further in the process with value or display by the museum? Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
The ring has been through the treasure process and no museum can aquire it so it will be sold privately at auction soon. Here's a link to the treasure report which should answer some of the questions

https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/717079

Skamaniac
07-02-2016, 11:59 PM
Welcome from Washington state along the Columbia River. That ring was a terrific find! Congratulations.

leslie(nova scotia)
07-05-2016, 07:08 AM
Yo BH welcome aboard . Nice lot here and I'm sure all are drooling looking forward to your posts. Go to Brant Broughton out side of Lincoln every year...mushy peas.uuh. Just booked for this Sept and will be out with the Weekend Wanders and Coil to the Soil lot!

OxShoeDrew
07-09-2016, 01:59 AM
Wonderful find Lee! Who gets the money when it is sold at private auction? :congrats:

aloldstuff
07-14-2016, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the forum and that ring is sweeeeeet.