PDA

View Full Version : The beautiful game

leslie(nova scotia)
07-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Thought it only fitting that I hit a few football pitches today in honour of the big Portugal-France game. In my "boot" was the Freedom 3 as I "headed" out to the field which was not "out of bounds." Was an over cast morning with rain threatening. First field was the same on I had done yesterday and produced the same results.....pennies. Was a disregarded basketball on the the so I played a game of "kick" the ball and follow. Makes for an interesting grid. Small things amuse small minds! Tired of this field and moved to a "substitute' one. 41 coins into quota the heavens opened up so I Glad bagged the Freedom and continued on soaked. "Full time" as a few over quota signalled the end of the dig. Sure I would get a few "penalty kicks" from the honey bunny when I got home. Think she just washed the floors this very morning.
Anyway on the way home stopped at the smart shop and joined up with Capt Morgan so that I would have someone to watch the match with. Then a stop at Petro Can for some gogo juice for Nogo along with a few lottery tickets for the next draw. Was a young lad working who rang up my purchases as I inserted my debit card for the tickets and gas..............was $24!
"Yo man you got your head in gear" I said to the bouy!
"What?" as he answered rather defensively.
"You didn't charge me $36 for the gas!"
"Oh thank you.....thank you!"
Sure the kid was bent out of shape like a few of the coins I had found this day.

If it had been an adult and not a young lad I would have had 2nd thoughts about bringing the error up. I'm sure the money would have come out of his pocket when the shortage would be discovered at the end of his shift. At that rate the bouy would have had to pay to work there. Hope the "Big Guy" noticed my honesty and hears my prayers for a Portugal win and the Pro coming home soon.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/001_40.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/leslie19/media/001_40.jpg.html)
Once home I had my second shower of the day.....this one inside and with my clothes off........sure that too will impress the Honey bunny! Such is the life of a digaholic!
:shocked01:

Bucknut
07-10-2016, 06:04 PM
:lol: Always a good read

Digger_O'Dell
07-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Nice story, thanks!

wisconsin digger
07-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Nice pile of coins. Did the team you wanted to WIN. Great finds WD

leslie(nova scotia)
07-12-2016, 06:34 AM
WD they did in fact win! They sure did a number on Ranoldo early in the first half and forced him out. Nani picked up the pace for Portugal!

Can't wait for the World Cup!

BTV Digger
07-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Nice haul of coins! My wife and I recently bought two large flower containers on a close-out shelf and an "older" clerk charged us a whopping 16 cents for the pair. After we shot a short quizzical glance at each other we made the alternative choice and made a quick getaway. Upon returning a few days later we naively asked another clerk for a price check on the remaining containers...16 dollars apiece! Ahhhh, no thank you.

John