PDA

View Full Version : Park And House Yield Good Finds!

Bell-Two
07-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Saturday was a nice day here in SW Ohio so we took advantage of it. First stop was the old park which has given up extraordinary finds in the past and today did give a couple more good finds. My first find was a 1943-P War Nickel and I followed that up with an 1881 Indian. I gave the War Nickel a big scratch I call it an Al Capone Nickel....Scar Face! A belated 4th of July celebration at the park made it crowded so we moved on and did a doorknock at a lovely old house and the kind couple were happy to see what we could find. We made some good finds with some older Wheat Cents, Doug got an 1907 Indian and a brass item that looked like the top of a bedpost. He gave that to the homeowner and I gave her a spoon and she was delighted with the finds. I dug a 1923 Dog Tag my earliest, a flat button and a 1943-D Mercury Dime. Diane was scuffling a bit but right at the end she came through with a 1902 V-Nickel which is very nice. A playful cat enjoyed our digging almost as much as we did!

https://youtu.be/ChIIT2QS2bs

Lodge Scent
07-10-2016, 08:43 PM
Nice digs! That's a great old dog tag. What's the VDI on a cat ?

Digger_O'Dell
07-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Nice finds! I didn't know dog licenses went back quite that far.

Nice digs! That's a great old dog tag. What's the VDI on a cat ?

I would guess the VDI at 9-one for each life! :hystericallaugh:

Digger Don
07-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Great Job Tony. The a great looking dog tag. Congrats

OxShoeDrew
07-11-2016, 04:32 AM
Looks like a successful day Tony....I can see why you stopped at that house! Looks like a perrrfect place!

BTV Digger
07-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Nice little assortment of coins Tony and congrats! Diane's V-nickel came out of the ground in GREAT shape. Rarely do you see them looking that good. I'd display that war nickel as a nice conversation piece..indeed sir that's one heck of a scar! HH!

John

del
07-20-2016, 11:55 AM
Tony congrats on the old dog license :smitten:, great v-nickle Diane !!