PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what next upgrade is

power
07-14-2016, 05:25 AM
Hi guys, enjoying the X-TERRA except for the rain! When I first brought it the guy was trying to talk me into a better detector but I wasn't sure if I would like to hobby or not and I am enjoying it! With our taxation coming up soon, and hoping for a good check in the mail! Am looking to up grade my detector. I have more confidence on the beach but the Xterra is not the best beach Hunter I do like the parks, but how many parks can one do! I live only a 5 minute walk from the beach! So the two detectors I am looking at a both minelabs, the ctx 3030 and Excalibur II! At the moment the excalibur is on special, way under in price on the CTX 3030! So what I would like to know is what way do I go? as I said I do enjoy beach and parks. I know the excalibur is more weighting. The ctx has a digital display! And I hope this is the only detector I have to buy!
Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

ODA 226
07-14-2016, 09:01 AM
I you want versatility, a land and water machine, go with the CTX 3030. I have one and love it!

Texas Ed
07-14-2016, 11:59 AM
What ever you pocket book & heart tells you. Might do a lot of research on the many different machines that is offered on today's market. What I would look for is warranty - dual frequency - water proof & can be used on dry land & water. Wish you many finds while out dirt fishing with what ever machine you decide on.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast