PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while.

Ronandari
07-14-2016, 11:59 AM
Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I'd drop a note so ya'll know I'm still around. I haven't gotten out as much as I'd like to but here are a couple pics of some silvers from a recent hunt. It was my first Seated quarter and I handed it over to the homeowner who was happy to have it. Haven't found much else on the lot since but there's lots more ground to cover. Best to everyone and happy hunting. 550185501955020

Bucknut
07-14-2016, 12:42 PM
Wow nice seated quarter! AND very generous of you to give it away too!

Full Metal Digger
07-14-2016, 12:44 PM
You are a better man than I! Congrats on your finds. HH, Dave

Digger Don
07-14-2016, 12:52 PM
YOU DID WHAT? LOL good to hear from you Ron. Congrats on the seated quarter!!

aloldstuff
07-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Congrats on the seated and YOU DID WHAT...:lol:. I've yet to dig one of those....:congrats:

BTV Digger
07-14-2016, 04:09 PM
Excellent find. I'm sure it was tough to part with that coin, but giving is better than receiving. After all, they're just things. I bet the MD Karma gods will give you good fortune in the future. HH!

John

Ronandari
07-14-2016, 04:30 PM
Excellent find. I'm sure it was tough to part with that coin, but giving is better than receiving. After all, they're just things. I bet the MD Karma gods will give you good fortune in the future. HH!

John

Ha Ha. I suppose that it probably isn't normal John but I give all my finds to the home owner when hunting on their property. I figure if they are nice enough to share their property with me, I should hand over the finds. I take a picture so I still get bragging rights. Gave away a 1891 IH today to a nice lady named Nora who finally gave me permission to hunt on her place after asking for almost a year.

Good luck out there everyone

MangoAve
07-15-2016, 08:55 AM
WHAAAA???? That's a rare denomination for that type of coin. Or at least rare to find. I got one doing it for 4 years but Dan with his 15 years hasn't nabbed one yet. (I don't think that's throwing him under the bus in any way shape or form..:cheesysmile:) Nice find, tho, even if you didn't keep it.

OxShoeDrew
07-16-2016, 07:26 PM
I also offer my finds to homeowners but most don't want them....they actually think I'm weird to keep them. I once was chatting with a homeowner after my first hunt on his property....I found a beat up MA copper and some buttons etc... I asked him if he wanted them...he replied, "what am I gunna do with that stuff....what are YOU gunna do with it?" I belly laughed....he thought it was all garbage....to him it was. Once in a while, someone wants a nice coin, I give it to them and then buy one for my collection. Nice going!

Lodge Scent
07-16-2016, 08:43 PM
Nice fids there Ron. Good to see you posting. Maybe we should celebrate it with a Haiku.

Ron's back. Finds seated.
Gives quarter to homeowner.
Good karma follows.

Ronandari
07-18-2016, 05:49 AM
Nice fids there Ron. Good to see you posting. Maybe we should celebrate it with a Haiku.

Ron's back. Finds seated.
Gives quarter to homeowner.
Good karma follows.

HAHAHAHAHA! You made me really laugh out loud Jeff. I catch myself counting syllables every now and then. best contest ever!!! :rofl:

Lodge Scent
07-18-2016, 08:47 AM
I'm still a little damaged from that contest myself Ron ;) 5-7-5, 5-7-5, 5-7-5..................