PDA

View Full Version : More Park Fun- 1753 Half Real

OxShoeDrew
07-30-2016, 08:28 AM
A couple more hours of park hopping produced the following. The 1/2 real was at 8in. I passed over a zillion dime and penny signals at 5in but when the trusty T2 says, "hey dummy... consistent penny signal (80) at 8in" I dig, and dig carefully! Thanks for looking!
PS Oh yeah...on the left is the largest button I've ever dug, shank attached.
PPS ...and that ring is sterling.

Bucknut
07-30-2016, 08:40 AM
Awesome reale! Gotta agree that would fun!

Lodge Scent
07-30-2016, 09:20 AM
Very nice Drew! So with all your recent success .......will you ever go back into the woods ? ;)

OxShoeDrew
07-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Thank you, Bucknut! Jeff, funny thing...all week I've been putting on my hunting jeans, boots, wearing my socks New England style, carrying bug spray, etc just out of habit! This morning I wore shorts and sneakers :lol:
Thanks!

groundhog53946
07-30-2016, 02:13 PM
Sweet finds Drew! Congrats

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

The Rebel
07-30-2016, 02:59 PM
WRG Drew, you're killin it!

milco
07-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Great finds, congrats on the 1/2 resale, it's in great shape! What's the round brass ball to the right of the wheat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OxShoeDrew
07-30-2016, 07:39 PM
Thank you for your kind words guys! Milco, that looks like a ball but it's just a concave flat button....if that's what we call 'em.

Digger_O'Dell
07-30-2016, 08:54 PM
More great finds! I think I'm hunting the wrong parks...;)

aloldstuff
07-31-2016, 06:32 AM
Thank you, Bucknut! Jeff, funny thing...all week I've been putting on my hunting jeans, boots, wearing my socks New England style, carrying bug spray, etc just out of habit! This morning I wore shorts and sneakers :lol:
Thanks!

Drew, I feel that a conversion has been made....:lol: nice reale.

Mr. Digger
07-31-2016, 06:41 AM
Congrats on the Spanish! That's some discipline not digging those 5 inch coin signals. You're good!

wisconsin digger
07-31-2016, 09:16 AM
Great finds. Nice looking Reale. Nice relics as well. WD

Digger Don
08-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Congrats Drew. Awesome Reale.
:congrats:

OxShoeDrew
08-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Thank you!! Hey, how come everyone spells real with an "e" as in reale? Am I spelling it wrong as real?
Every website I've seen spells it "real" as singular and "reales" as pural.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_real
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/world-coins/spanish

Tony Two-Cent
08-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Thank you!! Hey, how come everyone spells real with an "e" as in reale? Am I spelling it wrong as real?
Every website I've seen spells it "real" as singular and "reales" as pural.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_real
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/world-coins/spanish

You are spelling it correctly, Drew. :yes:

There is no such thing as a "Reale". It's either Real (singular) or Reales (plural).

Half Real
One Real
Two Reales
Four Reales
Eight Reales

:thumbsup01:

OxShoeDrew
08-01-2016, 09:39 AM
I'd love to find an 8 reales! :drool: I'd probably think it was a coke can :lol:

Pacivilwarluke
08-02-2016, 10:32 AM
That's a nice half real! That button is awesome too!

RIdirtdigger
08-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Wow awesome find!

calabash digger
08-03-2016, 09:46 PM
nice finds ! your way braver than me no way would I pass over all those coin signals.

del
08-05-2016, 07:27 AM
sweet "pillars" type real Drew , congrats

Cheap Thrills
08-05-2016, 11:53 PM
Way to go Drew !! Glad to see your still making those killer finds .

OxShoeDrew
08-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Thank you everyone....hey George! Nice to hear from you....I hope you're well and getting out!

Cheap Thrills
08-06-2016, 10:52 PM
Thank you everyone....hey George! Nice to hear from you....I hope you're well and getting out!

I've only gotten out about a half dozen times this year detecting .Same old places with dismal results . I've been real busy with other things I have to take care of . Still able to get out and hunt even though old age is creeping up on me . I'm sure if a good permission came along and I was getting results my energy level would rise to meet the challenge . All I've found detecting this year is clad .My best hunt was a few nights ago $2.83 .
The Coinstar Machines have given me four silvers ( 2 , 40 % Kennedy halves and 2- silver Roosies ) along with a couple of bucks in clad and about 8 foreign coins .
Walking the dogs I find a few coins . One Dog walk gave me the best and only jewelry find of the year a small 14K gold ring with 7 small diamond stones in it just laying there in the street gutter .
I had been planning on going Beach hunting tomorrow but some relatives from the other side state are coming to town .
Had the same thing happen a few weeks ago .
I've got one property down the street that the whole lot is scraped all around the house I've been drooling over . I caught the owner there one day and made my pitch . He took my number but he's never called me back and it appears he's never there . I'm not expecting anything to come of that but you never now .
I will post future finds if there are any in my future lol .:crossfingers:

Sam
08-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Nice digs! Congrats on the real!

MangoAve
08-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Nice score on Spanish silver Drew. Still searching for one. Anythin'. Button is intriguing. I prob have one button that large: two piece from a cellar. Did the machine tell ya "Hey Dummy, consistent quarter at 2 inches" at that cellar? Id think to dig the pennies at 5 inches as I'd guess they were wheats or IH. But you've been the one hunting and know how the fill and landscaping is there.

OxShoeDrew
08-09-2016, 10:55 AM
Thanks guys, That's really cool that coin machines pay out in silver George!
yeah Jim....I'm going back to that site and going to now dig every clad dime/copper penny signal now that the deepies seem to be gone. Show me a button that big...prove it! :lol: This one is exactly 2in across.