PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Upstate New York - Syracuse Area

DoodleBug
08-06-2016, 06:37 AM
Just joined this forum.
I started metal detecting about ten years ago with the old Cold War box style machine, I think it was a Whites Coinmaster. My arms got bigger but my pockets didn't.
About five years after that I was given a Bounty Hunter Land Star.
I didn't have the time or patience to learn the machine and quickly gave it up and sold the machine.
About three weeks ago while out garage saling, I happened upon a Teknetics Delta 4000 and purchased it for 45 dollars which seemed like a deal.
Since that day I have been out every day that the weather has permitted which is just about all of them here in central NY.
We could use some rain.
So far:
70 cents in clad
1 trailer hitch ball
3 large metal washers
1 can of rusted common nails
1 metal tent stake
1 sardine can key and lid
Numerous beaver tails and pull tabs
4 square nails
Numerous cans and parts of cans
and last but not least
1 blue sports car (hot wheels)

Looking forward to my next adventure!

Tony Two-Cent
08-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the forum, DoodleBug! We're glad you joined us. Good finds await you, all it takes is patience and perseverance.

Best of luck and happy hunting!

del
08-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum DoodleBug the Syracuse area of NY is a great location with huge amounts of old history , I hope you find some .

Dan

OxShoeDrew
08-06-2016, 11:31 AM
I also use Teknetics Doodlebug...very pleased with them....and pleased you joined us! Welcome :thumbsup02:

DoodleBug
08-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome Tony, Dan and Drew.

chief5709
08-08-2016, 04:38 AM
Welcome! the 4000 is a nice little machine and you got a really good deal on it! I'm a few hours east of you in the Saratoga area.

aloldstuff
08-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Welcome from western MA. Patience is the key....the goodies will come. Looking forward to seeing those good finds.

Skamaniac
08-11-2016, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the site and good luck on your hunts. And congrats on a killer garage sale deal.