PDA

View Full Version : It's Good To Find Big Copper!

Bell-Two
08-08-2016, 01:17 PM
It has been so hot and humid here in Ohio we have not gotten out much. We have been detecting at an old house for the primary purpose of trying to find a ladies wedding ring, a very trashy site and 8 acres to cover with the possibility of the ring being anywhere. So we go out for a couple of hours in the morning when it is not as bad but have not had success finding the ring as of yet. We have made a few finds, including a coin spill of 8 dimes and 27 nickels from one hole…all 1970’s 1980’s coins. Found a few artifacts with Diane’s find of a ca. 1914-1929 Excelsior Boy Scout shoe token the best.

Saturday I went out and spent an hour there again with nothing more than a 7” deep copper memorial cent for my trouble…lol! I had notice along the same road another old house so I stopped by and did a door knock and the lady told me to go ahead. Well it was warming up and the sweat bees seemed to find me a delightful target whenever I stopped to dig a target! I did get a harmonica reed and a lid to a compact and a few memorials….but also got two keeper coins a 1912 Wheat Cent and an N/D Matron Head Large Cent. So it turned out to be a good day after all and I can come back.

https://youtu.be/g1Oa-Jgn4qY

calabash digger
08-08-2016, 02:16 PM
congrats! would have killed for a find like that today It was a shut out hunt for me.

OxShoeDrew
08-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Great token Tony! I hate to dig memorials at 8in :eyebrow:
27 nickels waaaaaaaah!! Holy shmoly! You don't see that every day. Congrats!

aloldstuff
08-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Love those toy cars. Hate the bees. Congrats on the LC and that coin spill happened 100 years to late.

Lodge Scent
08-08-2016, 08:49 PM
That shoe token is a great find! So is the mint tin!

MangoAve
08-09-2016, 07:57 AM
Nice finds Tony. That token is cool. I am not sure when there was a standard on the obverse and reverse die orientation. I'm gonna bet its an 1835-39. Esp based upon the orientation of the die, but I think it looks a tad like the younger head from '35-39.