PDA

View Full Version : A couple of weeks of great luck

CTTodd
08-10-2016, 08:00 PM
A couple of weeks ago I went to a group hunt/social event and I had a great time with friends old and new but my finds were disappointing to me. We hunted long hours and I found a lot of what everyone else found.
I'm lucky to live in the northeast and am acustom to finding early american relics and coins. When I got home Sunday I changed into my digging clothes and went right back out but to my sites. I started a tear and dug 10 1/2 coppers and a 1/2 Reale plus relics for the week. It made me feel good about my detecting again. I was excited for every nice signal. Each person needs to hunt for the things that they like to find or look for. I have almost no interest in anything after 1900.
I would never discourage anyone from coin shooting or any other part of our hobby. But I have learned what I'm after. Sure took me a while.

aloldstuff
08-10-2016, 08:30 PM
Now that's some serious digging. Got to ask, with all the coppers dug, why only one photo of eye candy. I'm excited to see them all. Hope your streak continues as for what I can read into this you got your excitement back. :congrats: :congrats:

CTTodd
08-10-2016, 09:02 PM
LoL got my MoJo back yeah Baby552645526555266552675526855269heres some of them

Digger_O'Dell
08-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Nice story, and glad you found your niche. I agree with Al, need photos! ;)

Edit:photos posted while I was typing. Thanks Todd!

chief5709
08-11-2016, 06:40 AM
Todd went home to dig colonial :thumbsup01: Coppers are great but I like all the buckle parts and frames!

MangoAve
08-11-2016, 12:14 PM
So then no one found coppers up there at the social event? Was it up in the Catskills? I was lucky to be only one to pull a copper from a group hunt while others were pulling 1900's silvers. Sure the silver is worth more (monetary), but it was unique. I dig up so many different things, I guess I'm after anything. lol. Nice copper(s)...obvi the first pic was your prized one.

CTTodd
08-11-2016, 01:58 PM
So then no one found coppers up there at the social event? Was it up in the Catskills? I was lucky to be only one to pull a copper from a group hunt while others were pulling 1900's silvers. Sure the silver is worth more (monetary), but it was unique. I dig up so many different things, I guess I'm after anything. lol. Nice copper(s)...obvi the first pic was your prized one.

I think I heard of only one copper being found at the hunt. But that is just fine, all I said was that it just doesn't do it for me. The social event was fine I just wasn't pleased with the finds I made. Everyone else makes their own decisions.Jessie did find a Gold coin that had been made into a necklace. Just happier in the woods.

Bell-Two
08-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Yes that is a good run my friend, very very good! Yes me too on the older things, now I will take newer silver but it doesn't get my blood flowing, I love the big coppers, older Indian Heads, Two Cent and old nickels much more than modern silver! Keep finding them and I will keep admiring them!

calabash digger
08-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Me too Todd I like to dig cw relics and back, the silver coin does excite me but im at home with cw relics and colonial. everyone to their own thats just what I like.

BTV Digger
08-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Way to go Todd, and glad to see you returned to an area that makes you happy with the older finds. I'm sure you wouldn't turn down a 1909 -S VDB wheatie, or a 1909-S IH though! :)

John

OxShoeDrew
08-13-2016, 12:09 PM
Holy cow Todd!! I guess you do feel good again!! All those wonderful relics too!! You have a week's cleaning to do :lol: Hey, what's at the bottom of the 2nd to last pic?

CTTodd
08-14-2016, 09:38 AM
Holy cow Todd!! I guess you do feel good again!! All those wonderful relics too!! You have a week's cleaning to do :lol: Hey, what's at the bottom of the 2nd to last pic?

Hi
It's some sort of pendant with writing on both sides. I can't make it out. I found two of them and they are both in sorry condition.

milco
08-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Very nice finds, way to get back in the groove at finding what you like! Personally I really like finding tokens and all the history that comes with researching them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lodge Scent
08-16-2016, 06:54 AM
Good work there Todd. Nice assortment.