PDA

View Full Version : A few more doo-dads and another LC

BTV Digger
08-14-2016, 07:50 PM
Hi folks. Hope this note finds you all well. Had time to only do a few hunts over the past few weeks on either side of a well-needed vacation to Kennebunk and Goose Rocks Beach - long time family spot. First hunt was with a buddy of mine in central VT, then another short hunt for about an hour and a half yesterday evening before a storm cut things short. Found a few keepers including a fairly nice rosette with rope/spiral pattern, some sort of escutcheon piece or perhaps another small/older rosette, and another, basically toasted LC. It's exactly the same thickness and diameter as a Draped Bust, so I imagine that's what it is. If you use your imagination that's kinda what I see on the zoom pic of the obverse. Regardless, a keeper. Kids will be heading back to middle school/high school in a few weeks and more time will free up. Looking forward to that and cooler weather. HH and best regards.

John

OxShoeDrew
08-15-2016, 03:19 AM
In my imagination John that looks like a flowing hair chain cent :lol: Congrats on the keepers!

CTTodd
08-15-2016, 07:17 PM
I agree I can almost see her hair

Lodge Scent
08-15-2016, 08:05 PM
That is a nice rosette John ! Very unique. If I squint my left eye and cover my right eye, I can see the flowing hair too :thumbsup02:

BTV Digger
08-15-2016, 08:57 PM
That is a nice rosette John ! Very unique. If I squint my left eye and cover my right eye, I can see the flowing hair too :thumbsup02:

Thanks much Al. Toasted LC, but LC nonetheless - always nice to see those pop out of the ground!

I agree I can almost see her hair

Thanks Todd - just 9 more to match your recent haul. :)

In my imagination John that looks like a flowing hair chain cent :lol: Congrats on the keepers!

You know Drew - I said the same thing when I first cleaned it up. I thought those were quite rare, and since it was exactly the same diameter and thickness as a DB I thought as much. I guess since it's not totally conclusive I can imagine as much!

Isaac
08-16-2016, 12:08 AM
No doubt a draped bust. Nice pulls :)

BTV Digger
08-16-2016, 08:50 AM
No doubt a draped bust. Nice pulls :)

In all honestly that's what I'm guessing. The Flowing Hair - I believe those were thicker than the DBs anyway. Thanks for the comment and HH!

aloldstuff
08-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Oh if we only knew for sure....draped or flowing.
Either one is a great find in my book.

del
08-22-2016, 09:47 PM
Some nice older looking finds John , If I squint my eyes I can see Mary queen of Scots on that coin ;) congrats