PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Shallow Water And Land Hunt

angellionel
08-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Very early this morning I headed to a local swimming hole to detect for a couple of hours. I picked up two mercury dimes, a silver and a junk ring, a silver necklace, and a 14k gold band. Then late in the day I detected at a park for about 90 minutes and picked up a 1956 Washington silver quarter.

I'm really looking forward to some cooler weather. The recent high humidity has made it tough detecting at the parks.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/August/finds_081210.jpg

HH!

xzlr8n
08-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Not a 30 silver coin day for you, but better than my best day so far this year!! Is this swimming hole at a park, private pond, river, crick :huh: ? I could see doing a pond but the cricks and rivers around me have either been flooded, eroded and or had flood control work done that has destroyed any historically intact simming holes for me. You have had some stupendous success with your water sites, congrats again!!!

coinnut
08-12-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm starting to get tired of the heat and humidity myself :lol: It just wears you down. Nice couple of early Mercs and in super condition. Don't believe I ever found a 1930 :confused: That is depression days and them dimes hurt when lost :duh: Nice chain and ring!!

angellionel
08-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Not a 30 silver coin day for you, but better than my best day so far this year!! Is this swimming hole at a park, private pond, river, crick :huh: ? I could see doing a pond but the cricks and rivers around me have iither been flooded, eroded and or had flood control work done that has destroyed any historically intact simming holes for me. You have had some stupendous success with your water sites, congrats again!!!

The one I detected today is more of a pond and it's found at a public park. :yes: It isn't the same place where I found the 30 silver coins this past Monday.

I'm starting to get tired of the heat and humidity myself :lol: It just wears you down. Nice couple of early Mercs and in super condition. Don't believe I ever found a 1930 :confused: That is depression days and them dimes hurt when lost :duh: Nice chain and ring!!

Yeah, it does wear you down for sure. :huh: It just makes for uncomfortable detecting. :bummer: Autumn is around the corner though. :grin:

The two mercs would clean up very nicely, but I may leave them as they are. :smitten:

Epi-hunter
08-12-2010, 07:53 PM
The gold band you found makes it worth it. But still, you never fail to find silver. :)

dave in iowa
08-12-2010, 08:00 PM
great finds , yes indeed , been to humid here , 100, dew point 80 , im meltttting

Snowy
08-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Very nice! Take advantage of the heat and get in the water, I say.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2010, 08:24 PM
you have 1,000 silvers in your sights now! nice going dude! :thumbsup01:

zrickkid
08-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Once again nice coins.

z118
08-12-2010, 08:45 PM
What detector did you use in the swimming hole? The gold ring is a sweet dig. I might be in the minority but I'd take a band like that over some silver coins any day. Congrats!

Ill Digger
08-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Thats a nice lookin' ring!
Looks pretty beefy :shocked04:
The silver is sweet too of course :yes: :thumbsup01:
Congrats :grin:

NiagaraCountyNY
08-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Very Nice!!!

jkress
08-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Great hunt!!

A few weeks ago we had a major storm roll through our area that dropped 10 plus inches of rain over the course of 24 hours. A resort lake that has been heavily used since the 30's couldn't contain the volume of water that was dumped into it. The dam broke and completely emptied the lake. I saw it as a great opportunity for metal detecting, but the DNR, Sheriffs dept and State Patrol thought otherwise. Currently they have the whole place as off limits. :ticked: Hopefully that will change soon.

Congrats on your finds.

NiagaraCountyNY
08-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Why wont they let u detect the lake bottom??? Is it muddy and dangerous still?