PDA

View Full Version : printer's type set drawers

del
08-25-2016, 08:24 PM
These make for nice easy display holders and they are fairly cheap to find at tag sales or flea markets . They can usually go for $25 to $35 dollars for nice "weathered" looking examples around here in New England but i picked up three of them for $10 bucks apiece . I gave one to Trooper Bri awhile back and have almost more than half filled my small one with miscellaneous interesting items . Here is a quick shot of it on the wall above my finds table notice i left this one with the natural "rustic" look but i've seen them painted and lined with colored felt too and they look just as nice .

Dan

Digger_O'Dell
08-25-2016, 09:36 PM
Hey, that's really slick Dan! I was looking at shadow boxes, but that may be just what I need if I can find one here in the midwest.

Digger Don
08-26-2016, 09:03 AM
Very cool display Dan. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for a couple of those.

Here's a question for you, I have dug a few of those buckles with the heart on it. What are they?

The Rebel
08-26-2016, 11:38 AM
Very nice Dan! When I was in HS I took print shop & we had to memorize where the type went.

del
08-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Hey, that's really slick Dan! I was looking at shadow boxes, but that may be just what I need if I can find one here in the midwest.

Chris , some people mount a nice cut piece of glass to fit over the face of the drawer and they make great "shadow boxes" , Trooper Bri was getting a glass top for his and i'm looking toward seeing his when its finally done . Thanks

Very cool display Dan. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open for a couple of those.

Here's a question for you, I have dug a few of those buckles with the heart on it. What are they?

Thank you Don , those printer's cabinets had many many drawers to them and are not really rare items so hopefully you can find a few at a good price .

The heart embossed brass "buckles" are horse harness related , these slide along and over small buckles on a harness . they serve two purposes , they look better or decorate the smaller plain buckle and protect it in a sense .

Very nice Dan! When I was in HS I took print shop & we had to memorize where the type went.

I remember those too Roger , Thanks

This is the larger drawer but i only started sorting things to put in it