PDA

View Full Version : A full weekend coming my way!

Snowy
08-12-2010, 08:25 PM
It's official! I've got a complete weekend off next weekend, and there is no way it's gonna be taken away from me.

I started coming up with all kinds of ideas today at work and now Joe thinks I'm nuts because of all the options I tossed out.

The neighbor has a popup camper and when we thought about buying one he told us not to, that he never uses his, we could borrow it any time. :grin:
Sooo... I told Joe we should go away next weekend... we can go to Rangeley and detect a spot there we've been wanting to hit all day Saturday and Sunday, come home late... We can go to NH and visit my brother and his family and detect some places there I know about from when I was a tot (even the beach/swimming hole)... we could go anywhere and get a hotel for a night (would rather avoid that cuz I have a hard time giving someone over $100 for a shower and to rest my head for a night)... but the bottom line ~ we're detecting ALL WEEKEND LONG! He says we'll do whatever I wanna do, and I say I wanna do whatever he wants to do. I toss out the ideas and he gets mad cuz I don't pick one. What's wrong with this picture?!

Then we're going away in Sept. for a weekend hunt. And then in Nov. :yes: Can't wait. That one's gonna be a BLAST! It's a weekend-long group hunt on private farm land.

coinnut
08-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Flip a coin and if Joe wins tell him it better produce some silver lol Don't stress, it's a full weekend of detecting...happy place :yes: Whatever you two decide, it will beat work anyday :)

zrickkid
08-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Sounds like the kind of weekend we all dream about in this hobby, good luck and happy hunting. thumbsup01

Lowjiber
08-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Lord knows you deserve a WHOLE weekend off. How long has it been?

Glad for you two. :yes:

Snowy
08-13-2010, 07:43 PM
It's been a while, John, but it seems like FOREVER! Can't wait... next weekend, then Labor Day I get Sunday and Monday, then vaca from Sept. 15 through the 22nd!
There hasn't been a day off that we haven't hit the water and come away with something half decent.

This Sunday we're trying a new spot. But next weekend is still up in the air. Tempted to visit my brother in NH. The club they belong to is having a steak and lobster dinner for $20 each next Saturday night. Thye problem is, if we go there, we won't get much detecting in. And I wanna go detecting. We've determined it will be too time consuming to set up camp Saturday and break it down Sunday, so I think camping is out (we need a few days in a row for that, we've decided). So, it may be: up before dawn to visit Rangeley, and come home just before sunset, before it's too dark to see the moose in the road. Who knows. We could stumble on a tremendous spot betweenm now and then.

I REALLY don't wanna stress over this, but I don't want it to come down to us rushing around, packing up the truck, rolling down the hill to the road and stopping to determine which way to go. Don't wanna waste that time. Every minute counts and the days are waaay too short as it is.

Snowy
08-13-2010, 09:41 PM
It's decided... but I won't tell yas what we're doing yet next weekend. rofl

Gotta do some googling and learn some history, but it'll mostly be a blind stab. We'll see what we uncover. Hopefully it's something good somewhere. Looking to hit an active mill area in 1799, for one.

Prolly come back with crap, but it'll be fun!

Epi-hunter
08-14-2010, 01:21 PM
You deserve two days off in a row Donna. Enjoy it!

I love the camper idea :) In fact that is my dream life... not having anything to do but buy an RV and drive around the country detecting. :) Parks and lakes.

Snowy
08-14-2010, 07:05 PM
That's my dream life, too, Ang. Seriously.

I had a hard time going to sleep last night my hip hurt so bad. By 4 AM I was in tears the pain was so bad. I almost didn't go to work, but I did. Mr. Full Of Himself was nearly an hour late, which interfered with my tasks at hand. I informed him of my hip problem and all of a sudden he had a back problem. Guess we're all bound to get hurt at work, huh! So I left him to smoke his cig, got paperwork together, loaded the truck and hurt my hip on a 200 pound sofa, asked the other guy if he was ready and told Full of Himself we were off. Got the job done and came back for lunch and told the guy I was going to the hospital to see if I could get a cortizone shot. I called my boss and talked with him, told him of my pain and said I'd wait until Monday to see my doc. I headed back out on the road, came back and Full of Himself was getting on my nerves. I was exhausted from the pain. Told him I was going home a half hour early and he had a fit. Guy can't close by himself but thinks he can run the place. Well, RUN IT THEN! I went out to my car, started to pull out and realized I had a flat tire. The other guy at work helped me change it. I coulda done it, but was in too much pain. Full of Himself has 2 more weeks and he's being transfered to our Florida locations, so he simply doesn't care about anything but him.

I came home, rested on the couch, took a pain pill and couldn't lay there any longer. I had to get out just to relax. I had an hour before the sun went down. I stayed in about ankle deep water and pulled a 1934 Wheat penny.

And... I learned the place we are looking to hit next weekend is a state historic site, but there is a public swimming hole there. Wonder what's in the water. :thinkingabout:
It's a good thing I have this coming weekend to myself. I'd be insane by now. I just need to get away from this childish work environment and do what I love... and that is DETECTING.

coinnut
08-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Sounds like you need another job, or to get rid of you know who lol But I bet detecting in the water actually helped your hip. I think if you were on land, the hunt would have been cut short. Hope you feel better and can see your doctor about it soon. Good luck with your days off

Snowy
08-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Whosee is gone in 2 weeks... shipped off to Florida. I'm his boss but he thinks he's mine. think whatcha want... I get paid the same, and I'd rather be on the road than cooped up listening to him.. we call him Cupid at work. Long story. Least I can put my shades on, sit back and close my eyes in the passenger's seat after a pain pill. cooped up with him drives me insane.

I need a new job... and I want it to be detecting for the rest of my life.