PDA

View Full Version : Cache hidden in a jar of hand cream

Lodge Scent
08-29-2016, 08:43 PM
Very cool.....if real. But I have my doubts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsdGZOLNsyY

Digger_O'Dell
08-30-2016, 12:45 AM
Looks too good to be true. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Ill Digger
08-30-2016, 04:29 AM
I seen that the other day too. It'd be a great find to make!
I kinda had my doubts about it too. But you never know...

Bucknut
08-30-2016, 11:04 AM
Well you never know! Amazing stuff...almost too amazing. I have a saying....Never trust a guy with a big ol' finger nail! But it was fun to watch other wise. Definitely some sweet coins!

Beartoe
08-30-2016, 11:37 AM
I planted that jar long before I was born so someone could film it once digital video came along. I was beginning to worry. Didn't think anybody would ever find it.

That hand cleaner sure looked mighty fresh after being buried for so long. Lots of moisturizer I guess.

OK I am jealous :envious:

Tony Two-Cent
08-30-2016, 11:47 AM
That hand cleaner sure looked mighty fresh after being buried for so long. Lots of moisturizer I guess.

And the outside of the container looks brand new too! :lolsign:

OxShoeDrew
08-30-2016, 02:59 PM
"you're bleeding pretty good" "I cut myself all the time" :lol:
They were pretty good actors if indeed a fake ...but they were a tad clinical. I would have been freakin out!

Lodge Scent
08-30-2016, 04:05 PM
Yeah, this one gets riper every time I look at it. This appears to be found in Ohio?? The ground freezes in Ohio. That lotion/soap would have separated over the years from repetitive freeze/thaw. Can would be degraded from repetitive freeze/thaw. Looks like the just filled it yesterday with hand cream. That lotion/soap is organic. Unless they sterilized the contents like they were canning food, the bacteria would have had their way with that over the years. And they were a bit too clinical. Just call me a skeptic. :eyebrow:

Full Metal Digger
08-30-2016, 06:40 PM
I noticed all the negative comments were removed from the video and you couldn't give it a thumbs up or down. No one films their detecting finds like that. The guy was digging with a shovel and the guy filming was 10 feet away! We never see the detector working or the pin pointer for that matter. I say fake. Also I checked out his other videos. Looks like he mostly uploads other folks videos.

Digger Don
08-30-2016, 06:53 PM
I would have dumped that sucker all over that tail gate.

aloldstuff
08-30-2016, 08:11 PM
of course its a fake. That hand cleaned never ever even got close to cleaning that thumb nail........

calabash digger
08-30-2016, 09:50 PM
thats the fakest thing Ive seen in a long time just saying! He actually said in the video that there was a slit in the bottom of the can like a piggy bank ok how did it hold the cleaner ? thats just one thing not counting the other 99 .

Ill Digger
08-31-2016, 06:20 AM
[emoji23] LoL!! That's what I was thinking too!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bucknut
08-31-2016, 09:55 AM
The slit at the bottom of the can was covered with wax they said. That is some great wax to seal up the can for 100 years of freezing and thawing.

Also I find the variety of coins interesting...Capped Bust silver and gold coins AND a lonely Flying Eagle cent? Hmmm. Seems to be a great bunch of coins from a collection that they grabbed and stuck in a can. Just too many red flags all over the place including a "teaser video".

The guy who filmed it is the same guy who has that radio show called Beyond Sight and Sound....maybe someone should call in and ask him about it?

I hope we are all wrong and that it is real but just too many red flags.

Ill Digger
08-31-2016, 12:05 PM
:barf::barf::barf:
of course its a fake. That hand cleaned never ever even got close to cleaning that thumb nail........

:coffeelaugh:
No kidding! :barf:

Beartoe
08-31-2016, 03:50 PM

And my hands would have been shaking with excitement!

riveraiders60
09-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Bogus!!! Can would have rusted, cleaner would have turned dark and separated. Just too much not right.

Isaac
09-01-2016, 07:23 PM
what a joke!

SilverDiggrr
02-10-2017, 11:52 PM
I would expect it to be crusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caretaker
06-22-2017, 05:39 AM
two things, I bottle hunt and have found jars with stuff in them and if it's seal, it just like it's been buries, I also dug up a Fluff-another jar, there was a plastic bag in it and in the bag was 100's and 50's , $1500 total, I didn't unwrapped it for 2 day and when I did, all I did was fist pumped, so anything is possible