PDA

View Full Version : Few evening hunts

z118
08-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Got out for a few evening hunts this week. Did the clad thing one evening with good results. Tried for silver tonight but no luck. Instead I pulled 5 wheats and a dateless Buffalo nickel. In spite of being well worn the Buff is in better shape that the rest I have found. Four of the wheats were dated 39, 40, 41, & 42 (the fifth was 1958). Seemed like an odd little coincidence.

We have friends in town this weekend so no detecting for me. Maybe just as well as I felt like I'm slumping a bit lately. My usual spots feel like they are getting a little thin (though I've thought that before) and I'm stumped as to where to find new spots. Maybe it's just the heat though.

Happy hunting...

zrickkid
08-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Buffalos have such a cool look about them dont they?

coinnut
08-12-2010, 10:20 PM
That Buffalo is nice. Cool looking dragon pendant too. You were in the right area for silver with the Buff and all them wheats. There has to be some silver left there. Sometimes a break from detecting is all you need to recharge.

Ill Digger
08-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Another fine haul as usual thumbsup01
Nice group of oldies !! :happydance01:
:huh: Is that a purple quarter ?!! :shocked04: lol Now that's a rare find lol
Congrats lol

NiagaraCountyNY
08-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Nice finds! Get in touch with me I,ll help you find some new spots .There are alot your way Ive found on my maps :)