PDA

View Full Version : Where to detect?

riveraiders60
08-30-2016, 07:55 AM
My moto is you can find anything, anywhere, anytime, just dig it. I have been over the same ground 10 times and will find something I swear wasn't there the last time and I mean not just on the surface. I think when temp and moisture levels change
, land or water, the halo changes and that when things perk up. I also sincerely believe you find what you are ment to and do not find what you are NOT supposed to. It gets all Zen like out there for me. I never resist the "hunches". They always pay off. How about you?

Digger_O'Dell
08-30-2016, 08:05 AM
I'm much of the same mindset. Detecting really is my Zen time! And it's funny, sometimes I could sweat things move to new locations underground sometimes. A good example is when you dig a great signal, but when you pull the plug up, signal is gone! LOL

riveraiders60
08-31-2016, 05:27 PM
Been there...hate that..lol

Beartoe
08-31-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm much of the same mindset. Detecting really is my Zen time! And it's funny, sometimes I could sweat things move to new locations underground sometimes. A good example is when you dig a great signal, but when you pull the plug up, signal is gone! LOL

Or have you gotten a good signal and all you can find is an ant colony.

riveraiders60
09-01-2016, 07:33 AM
:shocked03: not red ones I hope. Our mole holes go off and drive us crazy.

OxShoeDrew
09-01-2016, 03:01 PM
I like to hit pounded sites after a good rain....I really hear the difference... also after a 1/2 inch of snow, when you can really hit every inch as you can see where you've been....not the 31-degree heavy wet stuff that sticks to your coil, the 25-degree light variety.

riveraiders60
09-02-2016, 06:13 AM
25 degrees!!?? :shocked04:

Caretaker
06-21-2017, 07:51 PM
True, true

MangoAve
06-22-2017, 02:06 PM
I like to hit pounded sites after a good rain....I really hear the difference... also after a 1/2 inch of snow, when you can really hit every inch as you can see where you've been....not the 31-degree heavy wet stuff that sticks to your coil, the 25-degree light variety.

That's the one good thing about the snow is seeing where you have been. But I will state it puts a damper on swinging. You don't know where every tree branch is at under the snow.