PDA

View Full Version : Xp deus verse the ctx 30/30 in my test garden.

calabash digger
09-09-2016, 10:56 PM
https://youtu.be/tA2hh1GI0Do I put the 2 kings of the through the paces in my test garden. I fixed the link.

Digger_O'Dell
09-09-2016, 11:26 PM
The link is to the copperhead video

calabash digger
09-10-2016, 12:45 PM
The link is to the copperhead video I fixed it.

groundhog53946
09-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Nice video. Too bad this wasn't available earlier this year when I was trying to decide between the two but I believe I made the right choice for me with the CTX and my type of hunting. Not saying any negative about the deus as I may well own one someday when I earn one from my finds with the 3030

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
09-21-2016, 12:30 PM
I'll have to give the Deus credit for being exceptionally fast in trashy areas. The thing I do see as the flaw in the testing is the CTX setup. It does work very well seeing through and ignoring the iron with discrimination used on the high trash setting. As an added benefit I use the salt water filter as well in some cases and the iron just "disappears" to the reading, while the accepted (non discriminated) targets just pop out. Granted a slower sweep spred works best. Honestly I think both machines are top of the line and it comes down to the operator's preference, experience, and knowledge of their machine of choice.

calabash digger
09-22-2016, 08:37 AM
Some love the ctx some the deus.For what I do (relic hunting) the deus outshines the ctx hands down. For the beach CTX hands down. For coin shooting is where im divided. Some say the CTX id coins better at depth and I say you still have to find the coin first to id it. When I put the ctx in trash and iron the numbers went out the window in my test. Im looking for someone in my area that is a expert with this machine because I want to see skilled operator take it into the trash and see how it ids. The ctx told me the depth of the target well in my test garden but in the trash it said a clad quarter was at nine but it was 4 or 5 inchs . For relic hunters the deus should get first look ,beach hunter ctx and coinshooter well thats still up for debate imo because I need to see more testing in the trash with the ctx. They say the ctx kills deep silver, but the deus does too so it probaly comes down to preference but I will say this I would not be scared in the least to walk right behind someone using the ctx in iron and trash looking for coins or relics. deus 1500.00.00 ctx 2500.00 both can be had cheaper if you know who to call. deus 2 pounds ctx 5 pounds,seperation goes to deus hands down, depth is close but on land it goes to deus a little edge I believe. deus free update wireless, ctx waterproof,gps, deus upgrade has gps with smart phone,ctx has better id from what ive been told will have to more test,deus has new coils for gold coming out.ctx best beach machine. Im going to try and find someone who is good with the ctx and put both machine thru the paces will make a video when that happens.

Digger_O'Dell
09-22-2016, 02:43 PM
I'd love to see the CTX in action with a real pro working a variety of sites along side you with the Deus. That would be a real test! The difficulty is comparing with the same coil size to be completely even as the two machines don't have any coils that match.
I will say that depth wise, the CTX is exceptional especially with the 17 nice coil. The only thing deeper is my X-Terra which tested a quarter to about 24 inches. But my CTX sniffed out my first Largie in a church yard that had been pounded for ages, at around 14 inches. Well below anyone else's depth apparently. Not to forget that it was also in a nail infested field. Blew me away!
VDI accuracy is affected by many things such as moisture content and nearby contamination or other targets of far different materials (such as a nickel and penny dropped on to of one another will likely read somewhere in between)
As for depth accuract, that's mainly just a guess, though the CTX is really good as at it. It's based on a flat quarter sized coin in ideal orientation and conditions.

calabash digger
09-23-2016, 07:45 PM
I would love to see it too. I really really would im gonna run across someone in my area to put them side by side. deus will hit a 12 inch coin with 9inch coil no prob and probaly could get it at 14.

ODA 226
09-24-2016, 03:57 PM
I've hit silver coins at 20 inches with the 11" CTX 3030 coil. They were faint and my screen said they were at 12", but they were MUCH deeper.