PDA

View Full Version : It happened again.

OxShoeDrew
09-10-2016, 09:19 AM
I spent the time to find a good property, find the owner, write a letter, and wait until I got permission. Today I hiked into the cellar hole only to find freshly dug holes. Hard to believe this happens more times than not. There are detectorists in my area that have no regard for private property. Oh well....I'll try again.

Ill Digger
09-10-2016, 09:22 AM
Another example of how a few bad ones can ruin the fun so many others.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

del
09-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Drew , sorry to hear that but i bet that the site was detected pretty hastily and not as thorough as it should of been . A site to be really detected well must be hit a few times and at different times of the year , the may have gotten the easy low hanging "fruit" but I'm sure they didn't get it all.

OxShoeDrew
09-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Yeah Tim, it's a drag. :bummer:
Dan, I'm already planning my return. :) The good news is that a lot of the site is choked off and, as you said, it should produce in winter.

aloldstuff
09-10-2016, 04:54 PM
Camo - - -trail cams - - - -crossbow - - - :devilish:

MangoAve
09-12-2016, 08:29 AM
I'm sure I didn't get everything. Lol. Jk. Sorry to hear Drew. I was up your way with the small musket and garter clip, but the area wasn't privately owned, altho it looked as if the prop boundary was literally 5ft from the cellar which is quite odd seeing as it'd cut the stone wall sectioned area and break it up. idk...

But I agree with Dan. I'm sure a return trip is necessary.