PDA

View Full Version : A Trip into Wisconsin and a farm House Near Home

Digger Don
09-11-2016, 10:19 PM
I drove up to Wisconsin Saturday with my friend Bernie. Once the rain stopped, we ended up hunting 4 houses. I was able to get one Coin from each house.(not counting wheats).
The first house gave up a 1928 merc and a trade token, the second house gave me a 1907-O Barber dime.

We moved to another town and hit houses #3 & 4. The property owner of the first house said that it had been detected before
but to go ahead if we want. Hey, a yes is a yes. had to hit it! I dug a few wheats and a 1926 Buffalo. The house next door invited us to his very small yard. At that house I dug a 1902 Indian.

Sunday, I had planned on staying in. Had to finish staining the deck, do an oil change on my car, clean the garage and a few more chores around the house. So when Tom (Hiluxyota) called and said he had a few hours to kill and asked if I was busy? I of course said NO, where do you want to meet?
We got permission at one farm house that had to date around 1860. In the first 20 minutes, I dug a nice 1867 Indian and a Sterling Silver Rosary.
Just as I said to myself that this was going to be a great yard, the home owner came out and said his pit bulls were going crazy in the house with us being in the yard. We had to go!!!

Digger_O'Dell
09-12-2016, 02:11 AM
Great set of hunts, too bad about those dogs though. Sounds like it could have been a great yard.

aloldstuff
09-12-2016, 04:40 AM
Very nice road trip. Those IH's look great as does the Barber. Congrats on all those keepers and really sorry about the dog situation.

Bucknut
09-12-2016, 08:16 AM
That 1867 indian is AWESOME! Nice semi key date! I like the barber dime too.

MangoAve
09-12-2016, 08:26 AM
Nice finds. Those IH are in great shape. A few permissions I have with dogs aren't that bad. One 1800, one just likes to jump up for attention. The 1740, the dog thinks of the detector like a vacuum. lol. And an 1840, the dog is one of those small ones who thinks it's big, but only when your back is turned toward it.

Full Metal Digger
09-12-2016, 08:51 AM
What's this? Another grouping of lame coins! LOL! Great stuff once again Don. Is there a Jesus on the front of the crucifix? I found one very similar and wondered if they were the same. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Digger Don
09-12-2016, 09:17 AM
What's this? Another grouping of lame coins! LOL! Great stuff once again Don. Is there a Jesus on the front of the crucifix? I found one very similar and wondered if they were the same. Best wishes and HH, Dave. There was at one time but I couldn't find it. I sifted thru the dirt a bit but it wasn't there. Also that is crud on the cross even though it looks like plating coming off.

wisconsin digger
09-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Wow those coins are all in great shape especially the Barber and old Indian. Great hunt Don. Weird as I was hunting in Wisconsin this weekend as well. My humor for the day. Wisconsin Digger

Fire Fighter 43
09-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Those household chores are way over rated and can always wait. Congrats on the nice digs, WTG.