PDA

View Full Version : Wow!! XP is setting the bar again.

Fire Fighter 43
09-16-2016, 02:41 PM
Here is some information on their new products. The coolest is the pinpointer that communicates with the remote or headphones. Here are some details and a link to the XP Information page.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/update-deus/deus-product-information-and-news/

The new XP Pinpointer known as the MI-6, will have the following innovative features:– Rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery
– Submersible up to 20 feet
– Connection via radio link to the DEUS with the following advantages (patents pending):

The audio signal from the pin pointer is transmitted directly to the DEUS remote control and headphones.
Anti -Interference system between the MI-6 and the DEUS: The Deus switches to Standby mode when MI-6 is activated and comes back to ON when the MI-6 is switched off.
The Deus display will automatically switch to the MI-6 display when the MI-6 is switched on.
The MI-6 has a very long battery life – Up to 90 hours.
Research mode is accessed from the Deus V4 menu it recovers a lost MI-6.
If you lose your MI-6, you can locate it even if it is switched off….even after several weeks the alarm will sound.
The Deus menu will have a full range of MI-6 adjustments giving the operator full control such as :

· 50 levels of Sensitivity
· Sound mode : Pitch or Bleep
· Audio Tone Adjustments.
· Pinpointing – target zoom graph
· Research Mode to locate a lost MI-6
· On screen Battery Level indication

OxShoeDrew
09-16-2016, 03:23 PM
That's it...I have to get a deus. I was on the fence but that pushes me over :lol:

Tony Two-Cent
09-16-2016, 03:30 PM
Yes, that is an incredible feature, leaving other brands in the dust. Minelab's pinpointer is junk. I love my Sun Ray target probe but the cord is a hassle sometimes.

This handheld pinpointer that communicates with the XP detector wirelessly is a dream come true.

OxShoeDrew
09-16-2016, 04:05 PM
oh but wait, does the pinpointer discriminate like the sunray?

Fire Fighter 43
09-16-2016, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure if it discriminates. They are introducing it this weekend at some rally in Europe. I'm sure there will be more information on some of the forums and YouTube after the rally.
The other nice thing about Deus is that it is updatable for free and XP actually puts out updates. I tell you, after swinging the CTX with the big coil the other day for 5 hours, I'm considering getting another Deus just for the weight. I had one for a while but kept going back to the CTX so I sold it. The preformance is there I just could not justify having 2 high end machines at the time. I think I could justify a new toy now. That pin pointer really peaks my interest.

Lodge Scent
09-17-2016, 11:36 AM
Yeah some great features. I wonder how close you have to get to it to find it when you leave it in the woods? I hope it does discriminate. I loved the Sunray I had on my DFX (plus I didn't have to ever worry about leaving it behind). The critical question is.....can you press the on/off button while wearing heavy gloves ?????

If the reviews are good, I'll start dropping hints to Mrs. Lodge Scent to get me one for Christmas.