PDA

View Full Version : Saturday hunt yields lots of nickels capped by trifecta

wisconsin digger
09-18-2016, 09:32 AM
Weather was gorgeous so spent the whole day detecting. Didn't do as well as last weekend but did find some nice keepers. Did some aerial research on a park with some ballfields and found the fields to be active back to the 30's so I gave it a go. As it always seems to happen I hit my first signal and dug a Rosie. 3+ hours later I only managed to find a War Nickel and NO wheats. Glad to get the silver but it is just so weird how often that happens. Capped the day by returning to the park I found 6 silver at last week and found another war nickel as well as a 1906 V nickel which gave me a nickel trifecta for the day, not sure I've done that before. I usually don't find that many V's but this has been a pretty good year. What a great day to detect. Ended up with 12 nickels including 2 War nickels, a Buffalo and a "V". Also managed the Rosie and a few wheats the oldest was a nice looking 1914. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

OxShoeDrew
09-18-2016, 09:39 AM
That's some great nickel digging! Those war nickels are tough to come by. Good job! :clapping:

Digger_O'Dell
09-18-2016, 09:45 AM
Still more great hunting! I know too well about the streaks, I get them all the time. Congrats on the trifecta!

aloldstuff
09-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Yes, war nickles are the hardest to find. Great group of keepers.....:congrats:

Bucknut
09-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Nice trifecta! Always fun to get one.

Tony Two-Cent
09-19-2016, 08:27 AM
Congrats on the nickel trifecta! Two war nickels in one hunt, that is a rarity.

:congrats:

MangoAve
09-21-2016, 07:20 AM
Nice trifecta. Seems the low VDI targets are what's left. You must have taken all the silver before.