PDA

View Full Version : Not many finds at an 1875 house

Full Metal Digger
09-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Hey Diggers,
I got permission at an old farm house today. A beautiful brick 3 story that dates to 1875. The owner followed me around for a few minutes but then sat on the front porch and watched me like a hawk. It made me nervous. I think he regretted giving me permission and just didn't know how to tell me he changed his mind. I zig-zagged around the yard and made perfect plugs. After about 45 minutes I decided to leave. I wasn't able to do a thorough grid pattern so I probably missed some good stuff. I found 2 wheat cents and what I am guessing is a late 1800's sash buckle. I did manage one piece of silver so no drive home of shame. Here is some pics, thanks for looking.

Digger_O'Dell
09-18-2016, 06:52 PM
Still a pretty good day! Cool token, old coins, silver, and a Victorian relic. What more can one ask for? Well done and congrats!

aloldstuff
09-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Nice piece of silver and sash buckle. Sorry about old hawkeyes.

wisconsin digger
09-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Unfortunate. I had an experience with an old neighbor a few years back. I found a Merc and old wheat before beeing rained out and when I went back she said no. It was a bummer as I'm sure it was for you. Good to see you pulled a few finds. WD

Tony Two-Cent
09-19-2016, 08:16 AM
You still had some very nice finds in a short hunt, Dave. The sash buckle is really nice, and you got silver too!

:congrats:

Digger Don
09-19-2016, 06:09 PM
Very cool sash buckle. And nice Sterling religouis medal.
To bad about the home owner lurking behind you, but at least you got a few goodies out of there.
See ya soon, Don

Beartoe
09-20-2016, 07:28 AM
I love that sash buckle. :wow:

I like to re-purpose stuff I find and the buckle would make a great picture frame for a face you love.

MangoAve
09-21-2016, 07:24 AM
Interesting sash buckle. I can tell by the 'welds' for missing pieces on the back that it is def a sash buckle. The odd thing is this is more like the design for the CW buckles where they interlock one inside the other. We know most sash buckles are Victorian era up thru 1900. Umm, but I am gonna guess this was right around the age of the house or just before. This one obvi had a second piece that went inside the inner rectangle.

Full Metal Digger
09-21-2016, 11:45 AM
Interesting sash buckle. I can tell by the 'welds' for missing pieces on the back that it is def a sash buckle. The odd thing is this is more like the design for the CW buckles where they interlock one inside the other. We know most sash buckles are Victorian era up thru 1900. Umm, but I am gonna guess this was right around the age of the house or just before. This one obvi had a second piece that went inside the inner rectangle.

Thanks Mango, After I closed up the plug I reswept and there was another signal but I didn't want to redig the plug with the homeowner watching me. I figured it was another part of the buckle.

OxShoeDrew
09-23-2016, 05:48 PM
Pretty good 45min! It's never fun when we can't relax....but you made out alright! Congrats!