PDA

View Full Version : 18th century matrix seal.

Willems
09-25-2016, 03:41 AM
The cut the corn here and the weather is still nice here
First 10 meters in the field and yess first matrix seal.:groovy:
Greetings guy's.

Digger_O'Dell
09-25-2016, 05:37 AM
Greetings Willems! Another great find, congrats!

leslie(nova scotia)
09-25-2016, 06:46 AM
Sweet scoff me bouy. Swang with one of your countryman a few trips ago in Dominican Rep....you bouys have lots of history to sift though. Thanks for posting!

Beartoe
09-25-2016, 07:35 AM
Hello Willems

I am trying to determine what the image would be. Can you press the wax seal in some wax and show us an image of the impression ?

By the way... very impressive find. :congrats:

Willems
09-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Hello Willems

I am trying to determine what the image would be. Can you press the wax seal in some wax and show us an image of the impression ?

By the way... very impressive find. :congrats:

It's a knight on a horse. But later i wil put de seal in to some wax.

Willems
09-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the reactions all.

wisconsin digger
09-25-2016, 08:24 PM
Great find and great history. WD

MangoAve
09-26-2016, 09:25 AM
Nice matrix seal. The corn is cut here in many areas as well. Esp the field I found my barber half and a recent cellar site with an active field but state forest land. It is intriguing to think they had the seal on them in the fields. It's not like they'd be sealing any letters whilst working the field. Then again, it's said many keepsakes and coins they wouldn't have on their person while in the fields, yet they are found now and again.

aloldstuff
09-28-2016, 05:15 AM
Great item, got to wonder what the letters said that were sealed....

Willems
09-29-2016, 02:15 PM
Nice matrix seal. The corn is cut here in many areas as well. Esp the field I found my barber half and a recent cellar site with an active field but state forest land. It is intriguing to think they had the seal on them in the fields. It's not like they'd be sealing any letters whilst working the field. Then again, it's said many keepsakes and coins they wouldn't have on their person while in the fields, yet they are found now and again.

At that period People in the city and village trowing there trash outside the street.

O horse and wagon came and bring the trash to the fields.
So i think someone lost it on the Street in de city.

Lodge Scent
09-29-2016, 03:33 PM
At that period People in the city and village trowing there trash outside the street.

And likely their sewage as well. The air must have smelled pretty rank back then.

That seal is a beauty !

Willems
09-29-2016, 11:07 PM
And likely their sewage as well. The air must have smelled pretty rank back then.

That seal is a beauty !

Haha yes.

Willems
10-09-2016, 03:46 AM
Print from de seal.

del
10-12-2016, 10:05 AM
A great wax seal Willems but I don't think its just a knight on horseback. the image has a stunning resemblance to St. George slaying the dragon and I believe that is what it represents .

Tony Two-Cent
10-12-2016, 02:38 PM
A great wax seal Willems but I don't think its just a knight on horseback. the image has a stunning resemblance to St. George slaying the dragon and I believe that is what it represents .

Wow! I'd say you are 100% correct, Dan! What an amazing piece of history! It becomes even more apparent when you see the actual impression in wax.

:perfect10: