PDA

View Full Version : New XP Deus Finds the goods

Fire Fighter 43
09-30-2016, 03:15 PM
I pulled the trigger and purchased another Deus. I had saved my notes and a program's from when I owned one 3 years ago so it was easy getting off to a quick start. I decided to try a couple spots that are filled with iron and that I've hit several times with the V3i, Etrac and CTX. The first is an old resort ballfield. My first good signal was a deep wheat 8+ inches, a good sign. I concentrated on the deep ones and was surprised by what I had missed. My first silver was a Rosie 1962, then I got a 1907 V nickel at about 7 inches. The surprise of the hunt was a coin spill at about 6 inches. It was only coming in at about 70 on the VDI scale and that is why the coins I got were a surprise. The first was a 45-D war nickel, second a 42 Merc and the last was a 42 Walking Liberty. Wow!! What a surprise. I rounded out the nickels by hitting the trifecta with a 1936 Buffalo. I also found 8 wheats.
The next hunt was my go to spot, the old grove. Here I loaded a high trash program and hit a couple areas that are loaded with trash, a challenge for any machine. I dug a couple clad coins and a bunch of junk while working on what the Deus was trying to tell me. I finally got a good deep repeatable signal in the low 70's, it turned out to be an 1894 Indian. After the trash I decided to take a hike in the woods and give myself a break from all the digging. I found 1 relic a toe tap and two pieces of jewelry. The first was a cross with some type of religious medal in the center. The second was a locket with a child's rosary inside of it. It looks silver but the numbers did not match what silver that size would produce. There are also no markings on it. A cool and unique find anyway.

Bucknut
09-30-2016, 04:49 PM
Wow! I have only found 1 silver with my deus....1812 half dollar. I really should use it more...I just know the etrac so well it's hard put it down.

congrats on all your great finds! Nice variety!

Digger_O'Dell
09-30-2016, 05:59 PM
Lots of great finds! Very glad the Deus is working out for you. One thing I've noticed with the CTX is that the deep coins have to be nearly centered under the coil to get a good signal. When they are centered it's quite deep, otherwise coins are easily missed if you don't catch the quick peep and follow up on it.

Lodge Scent
09-30-2016, 07:28 PM
It opens your eyes when a silver the size of a half can be masked. You said you focused on the deep ones. Did you use a low Audio Response to simulate depth?

del
09-30-2016, 07:32 PM
Very nice !! I bet your arm is enjoying that new light machine too !! Congrats

Fire Fighter 43
09-30-2016, 09:59 PM
Did you use a low Audio Response to simulate depth?

Yes I did and concentrated on those faint repeatable signals that just show about half or less on the right side of the horse shoe.

Fire Fighter 43
09-30-2016, 10:03 PM
One thing I've noticed with the CTX is that the deep coins have to be nearly centered under the coil to get a good signal. When they are centered it's quite deep, otherwise coins are easily missed if you don't catch the quick peep and follow up on it.

I've noticed that to with the CTX. With the Deus the deep ones seem to read the best in the front half of the coil. Atleast the 11" coil, I do not have have any of the other Deus coils.

milco
10-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Great finds Jeff, your persistence paid off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aloldstuff
10-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Jeff, seems that the Deus is going to pay for itself in short time. I can imagine your surprised look once that silver spill was uncovered....:thumbsup02:.

Congrats on all those keepers.

wisconsin digger
10-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Great finds Jeff. Super coin spill. WD