PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE HUNT*1787 FUGIO & 1723 WOODS HIBERNIA

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-14-2010, 06:31 PM
found a few new sites today.one was a dud.the 2nd site coughed up this 1723 woods hibernia.3rd site Gary got a 1798 draped bust and the 4th site i dug this 1787 Fugio cent.best Fugio i dug so far.very sandy powdery soil in trail right in front of cellar hole.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-14-2010, 06:33 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-14-2010, 06:35 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-14-2010, 06:39 PM
last 3 pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Dan and George have a safe trip tomorrow and good luck! thumbsup01

coinnut
08-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Hey, congrats on the coppers. :happydance01: The Hibernia is kinda rough, but the Fugio is sweet!!! :cheering: :cheering: (Dave with pom-poms lol) You guys did great for some heavily hunted areas. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey, congrats on the coppers. :happydance01: The Hibernia is kinda rough, but the Fugio is sweet!!! :cheering: :cheering: (Dave with pom-poms lol) You guys did great for some heavily hunted areas. thumbsup01

Thanks G! i never dug a woods hibernia,just was glad to be able to identify it. next goal is to break into the 1600's.
the oldest coin i dug was with Dan down here the 1717 half farthing,this is next the 1723.
good luck tomorrow you guys!

del
08-15-2010, 07:13 PM
wow , great looking fugio . you can even see the roman numerals on the sundial :peace: :peace: very sweet coin Dave :clapping: :clapping: anyone give ya a variety type on it yet:huh: hey how did Gary's coin come out :huh:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-15-2010, 11:57 PM
wow , great looking fugio . you can even see the roman numerals on the sundial :peace: :peace: very sweet coin Dave :clapping: :clapping: anyone give ya a variety type on it yet:huh: hey how did Gary's coin come out :huh:

thanks Dan! nobody gave me the variety yet but lookin at my redbook i'm saying its the united states at sides with cinqefoils on label variety.
Gary's coin was pretty worn.just enough left to get a date on his

coinnut
08-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Hey Dave, I may have the variety of it for you. Kinda hard to tell from pictures, but I think it's a Breen's variety 1313 (feeling unlucky? lol) A.K.A Crosby Pl. VII and Newman 15-Y Should say States United with an 8 sided star in a recessed circle between the words, at both 12 and 6 o'clock position. It also should have a die crack on the sundial side from a little above the 5 o'clock position of the sundial to the edge of the coin. It's listed as Scarce :clapping: That's the best guess I can give you without seeing it in hand under a magnifying glass.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey Dave, I may have the variety of it for you. Kinda hard to tell from pictures, but I think it's a Breen's variety 1313 (feeling unlucky? lol) A.K.A Crosby Pl. VII and Newman 15-Y Should say States United with an 8 sided star in a recessed circle between the words, at both 12 and 6 o'clock position. It also should have a die crack on the sundial side from a little above the 5 o'clock position of the sundial to the edge of the coin. It's listed as Scarce :clapping: That's the best guess I can give you without seeing it in hand under a magnifying glass.

hmmm you are good dude! I spoke with Dan on phone today and that's what he came up with! but my die crack is on reverse at 6 o'clock between the 2 chain links
200-499 known

sjv
08-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Yea definitely nice Fugio. It's a bulky coin too. Good going. I can't believe that on the back you can see the words around the WE ARE ONE. Know the variety? I looked at coinfacts.com. There's so many varieties. Once again nice find.
Happy Hunting

rsarge1
08-17-2010, 10:04 AM
awesome finds wtg

coinnut
08-17-2010, 10:38 AM
hmmm you are good dude! I spoke with Dan on phone today and that's what he came up with! but my die crack is on reverse at 6 o'clock between the 2 chain links
200-499 known

Dave, If I'm looking at the correct links you are talking about (5 o'clock position?) then that looks like corrosion to me. The die crack they list, is where the cud is at the 4-5 o'clock position, and is a faint line going from the cud to the base of the sundial. At least that's where I think :confused: it is.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Dave, If I'm looking at the correct links you are talking about (5 o'clock position?) then that looks like corrosion to me. The die crack they list, is where the cud is at the 4-5 o'clock position, and is a faint line going from the cud to the base of the sundial. At least that's where I think :confused: it is.

on the reverse it's not corrosion.there's a die crack running horizontally through those 2 outside rings and at the right of the die crack theres a brockerage or cud.a piece of copper there going vertically.next time i see you guys i'll bring it with a loop and you'll see

coinnut
08-17-2010, 10:14 PM
on the reverse it's not corrosion.there's a die crack running horizontally through those 2 outside rings and at the right of the die crack theres a brockerage or cud.a piece of copper there going vertically.next time i see you guys i'll bring it with a loop and you'll see

I think I see the die crack you are talking about thumbsup01 I still think it's the variety we think it is, but would love to see in in my hands lol You'll never get it back rofl Great find there Dave!! :happydance01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-18-2010, 04:14 AM
i tried to draw rofl