PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Northern Illinois

Libertydigger777
10-01-2016, 01:05 AM
Hey gang, saw my buddy get on one of these forums and help me out with identifying some of my recent finds, so I thought I would check out one. Saw digger don and tony 2cent on here (seen some youtube videos of them). Anyways, at work now. I'll try to post some pics sometime. Just scored a civil war general service button (back says "scovill mfg co. waterbury") and these drums with great seal on each one. That's where i need your help. Just started to hobby last year and got serious this year with my at pro. Addicting. out 4-6 times a week since march. Couple other good finds off the top of my head would be 1835 large cent found in my yard and a 1859 first year indian. Norhtern Illinois is older than you'd think. Check you guys later.

Digger_O'Dell
10-01-2016, 04:47 AM
Welcome from North of the border! Just down your way couple times the past week or so.
Congrats on those great coppers! Have yet to see a fatty Indian, but those Largies are great to see come out of the hole. I agree it's addicting. If it wasn't for the lady I would be out every day rain or shine. If I could choose between her and detecting, I think you could guess my answer (just don't tell her that! :behave:)

Digger Don
10-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. An 1835 large cent from your own yard? Excellent!!
Nice Indian as well, a fatty is still on my bucket list.
Maybe we'll run into each other one of these days.

aloldstuff
10-02-2016, 05:15 AM
Welcome from western MA. If you have to have an addiction then this hobby is the one to have. Sounds like you have some nice finds and would love to see the pictures.

Libertydigger777
10-03-2016, 07:30 PM
out of all the things i've seen you find and you haven't found a fatty? a little suprised. you sure can find those silvers.

Libertydigger777
10-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Yea i'll post some pica here sometime. gonna be 32 and i'm a noob with forums. what up with that?

Iowa Digger
10-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Hi from Dubuque, Iowa. I just got my ATP this summer, and got pretty serious my self. City parks here close October 31st. I need to get back at it soon. Time is running out. I have yet to pull my first silver.

OxShoeDrew
10-09-2016, 11:01 AM
Looks like you are in a nice area there Libertydigger! I'm glad you joined us. There are some very knowledgeable button people here.

Full Metal Digger
10-10-2016, 02:39 PM
Where at in northern Illinois are you? I was just up that way last week. Welcome to the forum, Dave.

YachtRocker
10-11-2016, 12:55 AM
Congratulations on finally jumping in on a forum, now I don't have to post things for you. 😎

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

del
10-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Welcome Libertydigger , northern Illinois has some great history . Congrats on the old large cent and hope to see some of your latest recoveries. I'm glad you joined up !

Dan